Searching from address bar

In Firefox when you search from the address bar you are taken directly to the
most likely web page. Is there a way to make Internet Explorer do this?

Don Varnau

Hi,
You can change that option at Internet Options> Advanced> Search from the
Address Bar.

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

"Jonathan Adkins" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

Sorry to say, but that doesn't change anything. If I select "Just go to the
most likely site" (which is the default) it still brings up the MSN Search
page with results instead of going to the most likely site.

Don Varnau said:
Hi,
You can change that option at Internet Options> Advanced> Search from the
Address Bar.

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

"Jonathan Adkins" wrote in message
In Firefox when you search from the address bar you are taken directly to the
most likely web page. Is there a way to make Internet Explorer do this?

I forgot to ask. Is there anyone I can get into contact with to report the
bug or to see if there is a workaround for this issue?

Don Varnau said:
Hi,
You can change that option at Internet Options> Advanced> Search from the
Address Bar.

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

"Jonathan Adkins" wrote in message
In Firefox when you search from the address bar you are taken directly to the
most likely web page. Is there a way to make Internet Explorer do this?

Robert Aldwinckle

Jonathan Adkins said:
I forgot to ask. Is there anyone I can get into contact with to report the
bug or to see if there is a workaround for this issue?

It's not a bug. It is an obsolete feature which should be removed
because it is not supported any more.

Support for that option disappeared when RealNames ceased operation. MSN used to forward requests to RealNames which then
optionally
provided this service. I think that MSN also used to do some of it on
its own but after RealNames support was dropped MSN changed their
service too.

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle
---