Search - Windows Mail not Office 2007 Outlook indexed

stephen

Hi there.

Now that Vista and Office 2007 have been RTM'd, I have installed Windows
Vista and then opened Windows Mail to check a separate issue on a Vista
Newsgroup.

I then installed Office 2007 and connected to our company Exchange Server.

Unfortunately I now find that Vista Search only finds indexed Windows Mail
items and not any Office 2007 Outlook items.

I have followed the suggestion of changing Start Properties menu to point to
Microsoft Office Outlook and then rebooted and have even rebuild entire
search index again, but it still only indexes Windows Mail items instead of
Microsoft Office Outlook!

Any ideas on how I can get Vista to index Office 2007 Outlook instead of
Windows Mail?

Josh

give it some time. My index took a couple of days to complete due to it
wanting to wait for idel time to index

Dave Wood [MS]

If you open the Indexing Options Control Panel, and select Modify, you
should be able to see whether the indexer has detected your Outlook stores.

One possibility is that by default only locally-cached stores are indexed.
There's a Group Policy that can change this behavior.

Dave Wood