    (also hidden) by a date rather than the default name of a file. Any
    help would be appreciated.

    Thank you!

    Breck Fontaine, Jul 30, 2006

  2. Breck Fontaine

    krazycarnie Guest

    Well, if you are running XP the built-in search will let you specify a
    date range.
    Select All Files and folders, then select Specify dates, enter your
    date range, go for a coffee and you are good to go.

    David

    krazycarnie, Jul 30, 2006

  3. Breck Fontaine

    aafuss Guest

    aafuss, Jul 30, 2006
  4. Breck Fontaine

    FTR Guest

    Try Superfinder at http://fsl.sytes.net/ or Copernic Desktop Search at
    www.copernic.com

    FTR, Jul 30, 2006
  5. Breck Fontaine

    Art Guest

    On Sun, 30 Jul 2006 12:17:06 +0200, FTR <> wrote:

    >Try Superfinder at http://fsl.sytes.net/ or Copernic Desktop Search at
    >www.copernic.com
    >
    >Breck Fontaine wrote:
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> Is there a program that can run a search of files and folders
    >> (also hidden) by a date rather than the default name of a file. Any
    >> help would be appreciated.

    The RECENT-F program I have at my web site has an option to search
    by a specified date. Anyone who likes small stand-alone programs with
    very powerful search capanilities should take a look at Charles Dye's
    classic LOCATE.COM (for use on the command line):

    http://www.highfiber.com/~raster/freeware.htm

    You can specify upper and lower bounds in a date/time search with
    Charle's utility.

    Art
    http://home.epix.net/~artnpeg

    Art, Jul 30, 2006
  6. Breck Fontaine

    Stubbo_of_Oz Guest

    On Sun, 30 Jul 2006 00:44:56 -0400, Breck Fontaine
    <> wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    > Is there a program that can run a search of files and folders
    >(also hidden) by a date rather than the default name of a file. Any
    >help would be appreciated.

    Agent Ransack from:-

    http://www.mythicsoft.com/agentransack/Page.aspx?page=download

    It has a wide range of search criteria including date and I find it
    easier to use than the built in XP search.

    --
    Stubbo of Oz

    Stubbo_of_Oz, Jul 31, 2006
  7. Breck Fontaine

    Slarty Guest

    On 31 Jul 2006 01:14:25 +0200, Stubbo_of_Oz wrote:

    > Agent Ransack from:-
    >
    > http://www.mythicsoft.com/agentransack/Page.aspx?page=download
    >
    > It has a wide range of search criteria including date and I find it
    > easier to use than the built in XP search.

    I'd second that.

    I used that for years, liked it so much, that i went for the paid version.
    Can't be beaten IMO.

    Oh dear, I've mention paid for software in the hallowd and sacred precincts
    of a.c.f the net police will be after me - I'm off! :)

    Cheers,

    Roy

    Slarty, Jul 31, 2006
  8. Breck Fontaine

    Bill Day Guest

    <> wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    > Is there a program that can run a search of files and folders
    >(also hidden) by a date rather than the default name of a file. Any
    >help would be appreciated.
    >
    >Thank you!

    There is also FileInvader at http://www.saintlysoft.com/ with some
    added features.

    "FileInvader is a fast file searching utility with integrated
    previewing of many popular formats including JPG,BMP,GIF,PNG,TXT,MP3
    tags and much more! Now includes previewing of ZIP and RAR formats.
    Unknown formats can also be viewed in hexadecimal!"

    I'm sure I got it from this group a year or so ago.

    Bill Day, Jul 31, 2006