Scroll bars

Chris Watts

I would like to include on a slide an image that is larger than the slide
and then to navigate about it, at presentation time, using scroll bars or a
"hand" tool. Is this possible? An extension of this is for the picture to
be in a frame smaller than the slide but with scroll bars. Suggestions
would be welcome.

Using PPT2007 under Windows XP

cheers
Chris

Michael Koerner

You might want to look here on how to do just that.
http://www.indezine.com/products/powerpoint/learn/interface/slidearea.html#scroll

--
Michael Koerner
MS MVP - PowerPoint

I would like to include on a slide an image that is larger than the slide
and then to navigate about it, at presentation time, using scroll bars or a
"hand" tool. Is this possible? An extension of this is for the picture to
be in a frame smaller than the slide but with scroll bars. Suggestions
would be welcome.

Using PPT2007 under Windows XP

cheers
Chris

Chris Watts

I don't think so, Michael. That just described what scroll bars are for in
Edit Mode. My need is for a picture in Presentation mode.

Chris

Michael Koerner

Se if this will work for you

If you use a text box from the control toolbox toolbar then you can edit the
properties to create a vertical scrollbar. Just right click on the box,
click properties, set multiline to true, and change the scrollbars to read
fmScrollBarsVertical (just click the down arrow to find it). But you're only
going to see this vertical scrollbar when your text exceeds the slide size.

--
Michael Koerner
MS MVP - PowerPoint

I don't think so, Michael. That just described what scroll bars are for in
Edit Mode. My need is for a picture in Presentation mode.

Chris

Chris Watts

Thanks Mike.

I have found a method, using Microsoft Frames 2.0, as described at
http://pptheaven.mvps.org/experimental/ScrollingLongImage.ppt that seems to
meet my needs.
One shortcoming is that the frame, with picture included, remains stubornly
at the front in Show mode. It would be nice if I could put someing in
front/on top of it. Is this possible? Or does the use of Active-X controls
preclude this?

cheers
Chris

Michael Koerner

Hopefully Shawn Toh (PowerPoint MVP) who created your find will pop in and
answer your question

--
Michael Koerner
MS MVP - PowerPoint

Thanks Mike.

I have found a method, using Microsoft Frames 2.0, as described at
http://pptheaven.mvps.org/experimental/ScrollingLongImage.ppt that seems to
meet my needs.
One shortcoming is that the frame, with picture included, remains stubornly
at the front in Show mode. It would be nice if I could put someing in
front/on top of it. Is this possible? Or does the use of Active-X controls
preclude this?

cheers
Chris

Chirag

Yes, ActiveX controls always play on the top. But you can have ActiveX
controls over other ActiveX controls. You can place a Label control from
Developer tab over your image and that would show up in front of the image.
If you do not see the Developer tab, click "Office" button on top-left,
select "PowerPoint Options", check "Show Developer tab in the Ribbon" box,
click OK button.

There are no animation options available for controls though.

- Chirag

PowerShow - View multiple PowerPoint slide shows simultaneously
http://officeone.mvps.org/powershow/powershow.html

Joined
Sep 4, 2012
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi Michael..
The scroll picture is what i was looking for... the end result is perfect..
Can you let me know how to do that ? how we do use Microsoft Frames !

Any pointers would be of great help

Warm Regards
Sathish

Hopefully Shawn Toh (PowerPoint MVP) who created your find will pop in and
answer your question

--
Michael Koerner
MS MVP - PowerPoint

"Chris Watts" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
Thanks Mike.

I have found a method, using Microsoft Frames 2.0, as described at
http://pptheaven.mvps.org/experimental/ScrollingLongImage.ppt that seems to
meet my needs.
One shortcoming is that the frame, with picture included, remains stubornly
at the front in Show mode. It would be nice if I could put someing in
front/on top of it. Is this possible? Or does the use of Active-X controls
preclude this?

cheers
Chris

news:[email protected]...