Screen suddenly not working

Reaction score
Right, i got a TV receiver on for my PC to watch TV on, loved it, then i accidently knocked it causing the USB head to bend, it still worked though, until just now i knocked it out with my knee (happens alot) then tried to put it back in and i think it's the old type of USB port that has 4 things on the end too? As there is only one of these on the front and none on the back of the Antec 900 case, so i've had to use the front panel, so basically one of the thing bent over, so i've been using a knife to get it back to its original position harder then i thought.

Then all of a sudden i noticed my screen went off ... just flashing blue light, which was odd. So i restarted PC, starts as normal, no screen though?!

Is there an adaptor thing to be able to use an old USB port on the latest ones because i'd much rather use the back ports then my only front port.

What the hell has happened to my screen?!

Reaction score
Seems to be ok now :s but would still like an adaptor for old USB type to the standard one if there is one?!

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
there is no reason why you can't plug it into the back of your PC, if the ports on the back are ver1.1 and the ones on the front are 2.0 then the device will have a reduced transfer rate that is all

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Aye, ME___2001 is correct, all USB ports are the same, regardless of type.

And there are two USB ports on the front of the Antec 900 and only one firewire port so either should have worked ok, assuming they've been connected to the mothernoard.

Reaction score
Yeah well the usb stick i had, had a little black thing in the socket, that had 4 spaces to recieve 4 pointy things in one of the usb sockets, luckily when trying to fix it, this popped out, meaning i could stick it in the normal USB slot, so all good now!

Ask a Question