Screen Saver creation

Linda Kenney Logan

Is there a way to use a power point presentation as a screen saver? My son
created one with PowerPoint 97 to run on his windows 98 system, but we can't
figure out how to convert it. Any suggestions?

Or you can download a uility from the following site :

http://www.sharewaresoft.com/1st-Screensaver-PowerPoint-Studio-download-18766.htm

Echo S said:
http://www.rdpslides.com/pptfaq/FAQ00048.htm
--
Echo [MS PPT MVP]
http://www.echosvoice.com

Linda Kenney Logan said:
Is there a way to use a power point presentation as a screen saver? My son
created one with PowerPoint 97 to run on his windows 98 system, but we can't
figure out how to convert it. Any suggestions?

John Langhans [MSFT]

[CRITICAL UPDATE - Anyone using Office 2003 should install the critical
update as soon as possible. From PowerPoint, choose "Help -> Check for
Updates".]
[TOP ISSUE - Are you having difficulty opening presentations in PowerPoint
that you just created (you can save, but not open)? -
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=329820]

Hello,

PowerPoint does not have the specific capability that you are looking for.
There are several external and 3rd party workarounds including simply
saving your slides as images and using the "My Pictures Slideshow" screen
saver that comes with Windows.

If you (or anyone else reading this message) think that PowerPoint should
provide a screen saver slideshow mode, be able to save slideshows as actual
screen savers, or provide some other kind of "screen saver" functionality
(without having to resort to external and 3rd-party tools), don't forget to
send your feedback (in YOUR OWN WORDS, please) to Microsoft at:

It's VERY important that, for EACH wish, you describe in detail, WHY it is
important TO YOU that your product suggestion be implemented. A good wish
submssion includes WHAT scenario, work-flow, or end-result is blocked by
not having a specific feature, HOW MUCH time and effort ($$$) is spent
working around a specific limitation of the current product, etc. Remember
that Microsoft receives THOUSANDS of product suggestions every day and we
read each one but, in any given product development cycle, there are ONLY
sufficient resources to address the ones that are MOST IMPORTANT to our
customers so take the extra time to state your case as CLEARLY and
COMPLETELY as possible so that we can FEEL YOUR PAIN.

IMPORTANT: Each submission should be a single suggestion (not a list of
suggestions).

John Langhans
Microsoft Corporation
Supportability Program Manager
Microsoft Office PowerPoint for Windows
Microsoft Office Picture Manager for Windows

For FAQ's, highlights and top issues, visit the Microsoft PowerPoint
support center at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?pr=ppt
Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base at:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?pr=kbhowto

Use of any included script samples are subject to the terms specified at

Linda Kenney Logan

Thank you all for your prompt responses. I think I will upgrade him to
windows XP so that he cans use the "My Pictures Slideshow" option in the
future. He can make slide shows until the cows come home! Thanks again for
your suggestions.

Glen Millar

Hi,

Having been on a dairy farm, waiting for all the cows to come home can be a
very long time <g>.

Glen Millar
Microsoft PPT MVP
http://www.powerpointworkbench.com/
Please tell us your ppt version, and get back to us here
Remove spaces from signature
Posted to news://msnews.microsoft.com