Screen recorder

GRL

Is there a free screen recorder like "Camtasia" (which is very expensive)?
I've found only Camstudio, but doesn't record a streaming video.
Thanks.

Allan Higdon

Is there a free screen recorder like "Camtasia" (which is very
expensive)?
I've found only Camstudio, but doesn't record a streaming video.
Thanks.

I only know of one free screen recorder, AutoScreenRecorder 2.0 Free
If it doesn't do what you need, they offer a Pro version also.

http://www.wisdom-soft.com/products/autoscreenrecorder.htm

--
"Truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it."
~ Flannery O'Connor

"The moral rot of political correctness runs deep today in both national
parties."
~ Patrick J. Buchanan

S Kalynuik

Sorry, both programs aren't able to record a video nstream.
Thanks anyway.
Giovanni

AviScreen Classic
http://www.bobyte.com/AviScreen/index.asp

Bulent's Screen Recorder 3 says "You can use the free trial version without
any time limit!"
http://www.thesilver.net/

Screen Master
http://screenmaster.miroxia.net/

Wink
http://www.debugmode.com/wink/

Recordster v2.3 (not WebCam Recordster)
can not find the link though

Rendersofts Camstudio (I know version 2.1 asks for email and they send you
a free reg code but on just installing v2.1.051 I have not yet recieved
that code maybe they are not forwarding the code anymore)
I Found version here v2.0 I installed it and no reg code needed
http://www.swftools.com/tools-details.php?tool=8162413051
Click the Download PC link

VidShot Capturer 1.0
http://www.geovid.com/VidShot_Capturer/

Viewlet Builder
http://www.dirfile.com/viewletbuilder.htm# click the download button not
the homepage button.

These or one of these should help if anyone can think of more then please
reply.

(e-mail address removed)

Susan Bugher

S said:
Bulent's Screen Recorder 3 says "You can use the free trial version without
any time limit!"
http://www.thesilver.net/

erm. . .

"Records BSR logo on your movie."
"After purchase you will receive an e-mail in which you will receive a
password and a link for full version of BSR."

last freeware version:

Program: Bulent's Screen Recorder (v 1.5a)
Author: (Bulent Baltacioglu)
W: LFW
Ware: v 1.5a (Freeware)
http://johnbokma.com/softwarerecommendations/bulentsscreenrecorder.html
http://johnbokma.com/softwarerecommendations/InstallBSR_v15a.exe
(548 KB)
Rendersofts Camstudio (I know version 2.1 asks for email and they send you
a free reg code but on just installing v2.1.051 I have not yet recieved
that code maybe they are not forwarding the code anymore)
I Found version here v2.0 I installed it and no reg code needed
http://www.swftools.com/tools-details.php?tool=8162413051
Click the Download PC link

Adware alert. . .

Program: CamStudio
Author: Rendersoft Software
W: LFW
Ware: Freeware v 2.0 (later versions are adware)
http://www.swftools.com/tools-details.php?tool=8162413051
http://www.swftools.com/files/setup20.exe
(1333 KB)

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Clive Savage

Sorry, both programs aren't able to record a video nstream.
Thanks anyway.

Do you mean, like playing in media player?

You may have to turn off hardware acceleration in your graphics card.

Bye for now.

Clive.

S Kalynuik

[...]

Found another

ZSoft Screen Recorder
http://www.zdsoft.com/screen-recorder/

Anyone know what happend to a OpenSource project called DemoStudio its now
a invalid project, was a screen capture application for Windows users.
Found it finally after much searching
http://www.slunecnice.cz/product/DemoStudio/ page is not in english but I
downloaded and installed the program is in english. Download says v2.1 but
once installed is actually v2.50
download link
http://www.slunecnice.cz/product/DemoStudio/download.html

I will keep searching for more Screencast or Screen Recorder programs, if I
find anymore freeware, Open Source or GL I will post them.

(e-mail address removed)

Ross

Thank you, but this program too isn't able torecord a video stream.
Giovanni

I've used one called FRAPS to record a Google Earth animation (looks
like a video to me). You can choose FPS from 25 and higher. Records
audio too if required. Then I used RADTools to crop the frame size
down to remove some text from the top and bottom of the frames.

Ross