    XP in the middle. But, it then just freezes before you
    get to the login page where you type your password. Any
    offers please? MTIA, Gareth, UK.

    Gareth, Jul 3, 2004

  2. Gareth

    Jim Hubbard Guest

    sounds like a driver error....

    have you tried logging in safe mode?

    Jim Hubbard, Jul 3, 2004

  3. Gareth

    Kelly Guest

    Suggestions:

    How to Perform a Clean Boot in Windows XP
    How to Use Clean Boot Troubleshooting for Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_conflicts.htm

    How to Recover from a Corrupted Registry that Prevents Windows XP from
    Starting
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q307545

    How to Disable a Service that Prevents Windows XP from Booting
    http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q244/9/05.asp

    Use System Files to Create a Boot Disk to Guard Against Being Unable to
    Start Win XP

    All the Best,
    Kelly

    Microsoft-MVP Windows® XP
    2004 Windows MVP "Winny" Award

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!

    Kelly, Jul 3, 2004
  4. Gareth

    Gareth Guest

    Hi Jim

    Thanks for your reply, it's appreciated. I didn't have
    the F8 option of starting it in save mode. So I tried
    F10 for the system restore mode, and reloaded Windows XP
    again. It worked :). Thanks again. Gareth

    Gareth, Jul 3, 2004
  5. Gareth

    Gareth Guest

    Hi Kelly, I ended up pressing the F10 key 'system
    restore' and re-installed Windows XP. Everything is
    okay. No files lost. :), Thanks for your help anyway.
    Gareth

    Gareth, Jul 3, 2004
  6. Gareth

    Kelly Guest

    Glad to hear all is well, Gareth. :blush:)

    Kelly, Jul 4, 2004