Scheduling virus scans

Reaction score
We have McAfee on our desktop PC. Scans on our machine seem to occur at random intervals and take FOREVER to compete. While the scan is in progress, anything else on the PC, even email, is almost impossible to do.

How do I make these happen in the middle of the night?? I have looked thru the McAffee center that comes up on my machine and don't see a scheduling option.

Thanks for any help.

Reaction score
rjmaslo said:
We have McAfee on our desktop PC. Scans on our machine seem to occur at random intervals and take FOREVER to compete. While the scan is in progress, anything else on the PC, even email, is almost impossible to do.

How do I make these happen in the middle of the night?? I have looked thru the McAffee center that comes up on my machine and don't see a scheduling option.

Thanks for any help.

Simple solution is remove Mcafee it is rubbish and get another AV program. I know its not the answer you were looking for but it is the best thing to do.

Free

I recommend the following

Anti Vir

Paid

Kaspersky or NOD32.

hope this helps.

Last edited:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Install a quad core CPU with 8Gb ram & 64bit OS ... it should help. :thumb:

or, see above post.

:D

Reaction score
muckshifter said:
Install a quad core CPU with 8Gb ram & 64bit OS ... it should help. :thumb:

or, see above post.

:D

bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif

Reaction score
rjmaslo said:

Thanks for any help.

There has to be a task scheduler on it...you just aint looking int right places is all....as i happen to be nice guy i got this for ya....

http://netsecurity.about.com/od/stepbystep/ss/aastepmcafeeav_4.htm

You should be sorted with this.
Zzzzz

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
rjmaslo said:

Thanks for any help.
try ...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308569

... but the better option is to replace Mcrapee with a more efficient AV program. :thumb:

:user:

Ask a Question