    most helpful.

    Thanks!
    Kate

    KateB, Mar 25, 2009

  2. KateB

    ryguy7272 Guest

    These two resources are pretty comprehensive:
    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ChartIndex.html

    http://www.andypope.info/charts.htm

    Good luck!
    Ryan---

    --
    Ryan---

    ryguy7272, Mar 25, 2009

  3. KateB

    Andy Pope Guest

    Hi,

    If the series are all of the same chart type and on the same axis then you
    can alter the series order.
    Double click as series and goto the Series order tab.

    For more detail on order see Jon's blog
    http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/order-of-legend-entries-in-excel-charts/

    Cheers
    Andy
    --

    Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
    http://www.andypope.info

    Andy Pope, Mar 25, 2009
  4. KateB

    SomePeopleCallMeTim

    Joined:
    Nov 7, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    If you have a large scatter plot in which some of the data is covering other series lines, you can try this:
    • leave large scatter data series on primary vertical axis
    • move all other series to secondary vertical axis
    • set the secondary vertical axis limits to be exactly the same as the primary vertical axis
    • set the color of the font for the secondary vertical the same as the background...(thus it disappears).
    This forces Excel to plot the the items on the secondary axis last, and thus on top. I got this to work with my plots in Excel 2010.

    SomePeopleCallMeTim, Nov 7, 2012