Excel Scanning Attachments into Excel

Reaction score
I tried searching this but all I can find is scanning documents into excel 2007, which is not what I am interested in doing.

I currently hold an issues log in excel where my employees email me "issues" and I log them into my file by user and/or log#. I would like to attach the original email to the log if possible, it just helps later down the road for reconciliation as well as logging trends by user or issue.

Is there any way this can be done. I do not have Microsoft Access which was a suggestion previously and I already have a "form" template that I use for my issues.

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated....

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums Donna!

I'm not sure if this is what you are after, but if you export each email from within Outlook (I'm guessing that's what you use) then you can use a method similar to this to attach each one:

http://www.solidblogger.com/add-attach-insert-a-file-in-microsoft-office-excel-worksheet/

Personally, I'd avoid doing that as it would create a huge excel file which would get slower and slower over time. It may be better to copy/paste the text from each e-mail in to a cell in a new column - this way you can reference it in future if needed.

Reaction score
Can't access excel attachments in emails

Hi,
I have Windows 2007 and no Excel.I do have it on another laptop but that's gone in for repair and I need to access email attachments sent in Excel. Is this possible? 'fraid I'm not terribly computer savvy but have tried Excel Viewer with no results.
Help,please!

Ask a Question