    document--but it will not allow me to edit or send documet to WORD. The
    scanned document goes to a TIFF file and will not allow me to change. Thank
    you for your input.

    Guest, Dec 16, 2006

  2. You need an OCS program (Optical Character Scan). If your scanner did not come with one, you will
    have to buy one.
    Now why don't you provide some information on your scanner.
    What make and model?
    What software came with it?
    Have you looked at the scanning options for a document format?
    Have you read the HELP sections in this software?

    Richard in AZ, Dec 16, 2006

    about my scanner--all in one epson stylus cx3810. I have read everything I
    can think of and find. The scanner is scanning the document--I just can not
    send it to a program I can edit the document. Thanks for your
    help........DESPERATE AGAIN

    Guest, Dec 17, 2006
  4. Most scanners come with some sort of OCR application; you need to find out
    how to scan as text rather than as a picture.

    --
    Suzanne S. Barnhill
    Microsoft MVP (Word)

    Suzanne S. Barnhill, Dec 17, 2006
  5. "desperate" <> wrote in message
    > about my scanner--all in one epson stylus cx3810. I have read everything I
    > can think of and find. The scanner is scanning the document--I just can not
    > send it to a program I can edit the document. Thanks for your
    > help........DESPERATE AGAIN
    >
    > "desperate" wrote:
    >
    >> need to scan document to WORD and edit the document---I have scanned the
    >> document--but it will not allow me to edit or send documet to WORD. The
    >> scanned document goes to a TIFF file and will not allow me to change. Thank
    >> you for your input.

    Per the manual (pdf file viewed on the web) when you go to save a scan, you have a "file type"
    windows and an "Options" button. Have you checked those for a "text, rtf, or other word processor"
    type file?

    Even if you find an OCR option, don't expect it to be a great one. Included software is seldom the
    top contender.
    Do a google search for OCR software. OmniPage is the best, but expensive. But some of the
    shareware or Freeware may be just what you want.

    Richard in AZ, Dec 17, 2006

    Graham Mayor Guest

    Office (the more recent versions) come with a rudimentary OCR package called
    Microsoft Document Imaging. Check Office Tools. This may suffice. Otherwise
    you will need OCR software. The best I have tried by a long way is
    Finereader, but it isn't cheap!

    --
    Graham Mayor - Word MVP

    My web site www.gmayor.com