    laptop running Windows Vista to an SBS 2003 domain? How safe is it
    (when I tried it with SBS2K, it went ugly fast)?

    Thanks

    F3, Apr 23, 2008

  2. If you installed SBS 2003, using the defaults, RWW is there.

    From there you run the CEICW and the Remote Access wizard

    Then it becomes a question as to whether you have the open ports on the router/firewall which allows RWW to work you should be good

    The only open ports required for SBS are
    25, 443, 444, 4125 Thats it.

    The vista machine must be Business or Ultimate...its needs to be fully patched...period

    The SBS Technical Library is available here
    http://technet2.microsoft.com/Windo...2075-4ca0-8af8-99fd04b78b2d1033.mspx?mfr=true

    --
    Cris Hanna [SBS - MVP]
    MVPs Do Not Work for Microsoft
    "F3" <> wrote in message news:...
    It's me again, the insane guy.

    Trying to do some sane things.

    Can anyone point me to an online step-by-step to setup RWW on SBS 2003?
    If not, can you give me the play-by-play yourself? Also, any
    suggestions for getting people without a physical office to work
    remotely (perhaps a VM or a group of VM's)?

    What patches, updates, and other considerations are necessary to add a

    Cris Hanna [SBS-MVP], Apr 23, 2008