    emekadavid Guest

    is there a device, software or hardware, than can help me save on power for my 4g modem? it consumes a lot of power, especially on my batteries.
    tnx

    emekadavid, Aug 1, 2012

  2. emekadavid

    Paul Guest

    emekadavid wrote:
    > is there a device, software or hardware, than can help me
    > save on power for my 4g modem? it consumes a lot of power,
    > especially on my batteries.
    > tnx

    Give the make and model number, so we can understand
    the existing 4G device a bit better.

    Paul

    Paul, Aug 1, 2012

  3. emekadavid

    emekadavid Guest

    On Wednesday, August 1, 2012 11:34:41 AM UTC+1, Paul wrote:
    > emekadavid wrote:
    >
    > > is there a device, software or hardware, than can help me

    > > save on power for my 4g modem? it consumes a lot of power,

    > > especially on my batteries.

    > > tnx

    > Give the make and model number, so we can understand
    >
    > the existing 4G device a bit better.
    >

    > Paul

    Mediatek 4G modem. reseller is greenpacket. CM version: 3.2.2 firmware version: 3.7.7.2.

    emekadavid, Aug 1, 2012
  4. emekadavid

    Paul Guest

    emekadavid wrote:
    > On Wednesday, August 1, 2012 11:34:41 AM UTC+1, Paul wrote:
    >> emekadavid wrote:
    >>
    >>> is there a device, software or hardware, than can help me
    >>> save on power for my 4g modem? it consumes a lot of power,
    >>> especially on my batteries.
    >>> tnx

    >> Give the make and model number, so we can understand
    >>
    >> the existing 4G device a bit better.
    >>

    >> Paul

    > Mediatek 4G modem. reseller is greenpacket. CM version: 3.2.2 firmware version: 3.7.7.2.

    So it's something from this site ?

    http://www.greenpacket.com/devices.html

    Paul

    Paul, Aug 1, 2012
  5. emekadavid

    Flasherly Guest

    On Aug 1, 5:31 pm, emekadavid <> wrote:
    > On Wednesday, August 1, 2012 11:34:41 AM UTC+1, Paul wrote:
    > > emekadavid wrote:

    > > > is there a device, software or hardware, than can help me

    > > > save on power for my 4g modem? it consumes a lot of power,

    > > > especially on my batteries.

    > > > tnx

    > > Give the make and model number, so we can understand

    > > the existing 4G device a bit better.

    > > Paul

    > Mediatek 4G modem. reseller is greenpacket. CM version: 3.2.2 firmware version: 3.7.7.2.

    I like it already. . .(wiki quote start:)

    "...the term "generation" used to name successive evolutions of radio
    networks in general is arbitrary. There are several interpretations of
    it, and no official definition despite the large consensus behind ITU-
    R's labels. As you can read along this article, a comment is made
    about the legitimate use of the term almost each time it is used. From
    the point of view of ITU-R, 4G is equivalent to IMT-Advanced which has
    specific performance requirements as explained below. But from the
    point of view of operators, a generation of network refers to the
    deployment of a new non-backward compatible technology. This usually
    corresponds to a huge investment with its own depreciation period,
    marketing strategy (if any), and deployment phases. It can even be
    different among operators. From the end user point of view, only
    performance makes sense. We expect that the next generation of network
    performs better than the previous one which is not that simple to
    state. Indeed while a new generation of network arrives, the previous
    one keeps evolving to a point where it outperforms the first version
    of the new generation. In many countries, GSM, UMTS and LTE networks
    still coexist. It is thus much less ambiguous to use the name of the
    technology/standard, possibly followed by its version number, than a
    subjective arbitrary generation number which is destined to be
    challenged endlessly. {-EQ}"

    Then again I've always had modems that would double up for frying an
    egg on top their case, from 9600baud, to include a veritable slew of
    no-name, break-&-over-the-shoulder modems provided as a courtesy up
    until my very last POT/VOIP ISP carrier. Whatever that means (cite:
    see aforementioned). A 75ohm coax ISP carrier now provides over 1Meg,
    possibly bits, to my POT carrier's 128Kbytes/per/sec;- aside
    marketing, they're effectually no different bandwidths at precisely
    the same throughput.

    For me, it was strictly hit-and-miss on a modem when I picked up based
    on positive reviews (I was tired of crap provided me that broke out of
    darkroom boilers for technical support tactics). ActionTec is the
    name, a popular mainland modem for the hordes of Chinese nationalists,
    which never got hot and proved a conservative piece of engineering on
    a low power, green footprint. I liked it so much, in fact, I bought
    another and own two. Whereupon my POTs provider told me they were
    cutting me off by raising a simple unlimited local-calls plan,
    telephone line subscription fourfold, to twice the price of accepted
    competitive internet connection conventions;- also, that they had
    succeeded in back-pocketing the State regulatory commission into no
    longer providing mandatory dry-sockets for small business providers
    coming through their lines. To contest my options, I was informed,
    they could provide at my discretion such forms as needed to sign-up on
    Obama's relief subsidy provisions for the indigent.

    I now pay for my telephony services, unlimited calls entailing
    indeterminate time frame to both national cell and landlines, over
    coax, solely through an internet site, at a cost charged to me for
    $3.99 monthly;- I'd give you a number to call, but they'd want another
    $3.99 actually to list me, if only in order to tell you best to grin
    and bear it (if marketing, obviously, hasn't shifted an onus of
    portable power within reasonable expectations you've in some sense
    assumed upon delivery of their product).

    Flasherly, Aug 1, 2012
  6. emekadavid

    Paul Guest

    Paul wrote:
    > emekadavid wrote:

    >>> Give the make and model number, so we can understand
    >>>
    >>> the existing 4G device a bit better.
    >>>

    >>> Paul

    >> Mediatek 4G modem. reseller is greenpacket. CM version: 3.2.2 firmware
    >> version: 3.7.7.2.

    > So it's something from this site ?
    >
    > http://www.greenpacket.com/devices.html
    >
    > Paul

    After reading this article, my suspicion is, "unplug it" when you're
    not using it, is how you'd save power. It's long distance, high bit
    rates, uses DSP for processing, all contributors to a higher power
    consumption.

    http://eecatalog.com/4g/2010/10/19/lte-heightens-power-consumption-concerns/

    The press release here, from MediaTek, implies their USB version
    uses less power than their other products.

    http://www.digitimes.com/backgrounders/wimax/story.asp?datePublish=2009/06/05&pages=PR&seq=200

    So if you had the box that stands upright like a tower, and has
    a few different I/O connectors, that might use more power than
    a dedicated USB dongle plugged right into your laptop or other
    computer.

    Paul

    Paul, Aug 2, 2012
  7. emekadavid

    emekadavid Guest

    On Thursday, August 2, 2012 12:14:24 AM UTC+1, Paul wrote:
    > Paul wrote:
    >
    > > emekadavid wrote:

    > >> Mediatek 4G modem. reseller is greenpacket. CM version: 3.2.2 firmware

    > >> version: 3.7.7.2.

    > > So it's something from this site ?

    > > http://www.greenpacket.com/devices.html

    > > Paul

    > After reading this article, my suspicion is, "unplug it" when you're
    >
    > not using it, is how you'd save power. It's long distance, high bit
    >
    > rates, uses DSP for processing, all contributors to a higher power
    >
    > consumption.
    >

    > http://eecatalog.com/4g/2010/10/19/lte-heightens-power-consumption-concerns/
    >

    > The press release here, from MediaTek, implies their USB version
    >
    > uses less power than their other products.
    >

    > http://www.digitimes.com/backgrounders/wimax/story.asp?datePublish=2009/06/05&pages=PR&seq=200
    >

    > So if you had the box that stands upright like a tower, and has
    >
    > a few different I/O connectors, that might use more power than
    >
    > a dedicated USB dongle plugged right into your laptop or other
    >
    > computer.
    >

    > Paul

    thanks. nice day

    emekadavid, Aug 2, 2012