S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Clear sky

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Mini-review!
Rating .... 4/5 'stars'

-Pros- Challenging game play, lots of modifiable weapons and armor, excellent visuals, rewarding exploration and finally night time is actually dark!

-Cons- Disappointing late game, merchants are cutthroat, not enough mutants, repetitive mini quests, powerful PC required (kinda), Story is confusing.

At first I wanted to give it a 3.5, but that was only because i the ending left a bad taste - but after sleeping on it I gave it a rightful 4.

The pro / cons part pretty much says it all from my point of view. After a good patching, the game is better than I expected, I kinda want to play through it again on Master difficulty (played on Veteran). I could make an actual review - but breakfast is calling and I'm hungry :D

Oh, since I've played the squeal that's actually a prequel ... should I play Shadow of Chernobyl? I liked this game and want a little more of the same.

Reaction score
Alf said:
Oh, since I've played the squeal that's actually a prequel ... should I play Shadow of Chernobyl? I liked this game and want a little more of the same.

I'm currently re-playing it and revelling in it not running at 11 fps all the time, but it has reminded me how annoying some of it is.

It is a good game, but only play it if you can deal with walking (not running) a mile there and back to offload the crap you picked up to the trader for pittance, and then having to do it again a while later.

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Similar to Clear sky, but in that game at least you can sprint (assuming your not over the max carry limit) - btw is it a free roaming world, or is it in sections>?

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
What was annoying? The fact that you had to constantly retread back to base to offload your goods?

Something tells me you don't have the patience for pack management! :D

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
The Sharper Graphics mod look promising, unfortunately my computer says other wise... :D

Ask a Question