    drive "D". I have an archive.pst file on drive "D" that
    is not being updated during the synchronization process.
    Can you help?

    DaddyRay, Dec 1, 2003

  2. You've lost me here. What is QuickBooks and what does it have to do with
    anything? Where are Contacts failing to appear? How did you "copy" your PST
    file?
    --
    Russ Valentine
    [MVP-Outlook]

    Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook], Dec 1, 2003

  3. DaddyRay

    Bastet Guest

    Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] wrote:
    > You've lost me here. What is QuickBooks and what does it have to do
    > with anything? Where are Contacts failing to appear? How did you
    > "copy" your PST file?
    >> I am using WinXP Pro, OfficeXP, and Outlook 2003. I
    >> recently bought a new computer and installed the hard
    >> drive out of my old computer into the new computer as a
    >> backup drive (Drive "F"). I installed OL2003 on the new
    >> computer (Hard Drive "D") and copied the .pst files from
    >> Drive "F" to the new computer Drive "D". When I
    >> synchronize my QuickBooks customer accounts to my OL
    >> Contacts, nothing appears in Contacts. I noticed that I
    >> still have an old OL archive.pst on my drive "F" that is
    >> being updated at the same time that the QB synchronization
    >> is running. No update appears on any OL file on
    >> drive "D". I have an archive.pst file on drive "D" that
    >> is not being updated during the synchronization process.
    >> Can you help?

    QuickBooks is an accounting application developed by Intuit. As to the
    rest...well I'm stumped too! ;o)

    Bastet, Dec 2, 2003
  4. DaddyRay

    DaddyRay Guest

    QuickBooks Pro is my
    accounting/inventory/invoicing/estimating software
    published by Intuit. As I accumulate new customers, I use
    a QB utility that connects to Outlook and it adds the new
    customers to my OL Contacts folder. QB calls this
    process "Synchronizing". The QB Synchronization log shows
    that it tried to synchronize with two OLs. One was
    successful and one was not. The one that OL opens on the
    screen is the one that is not successful.

    I used the Microsoft "copy and past" tool to copy my
    old .pst files from my "F" drive to the OL folder in the
    new "D" drive.

    I have discovered that I have two sets of "Persona
    Folders". Would it be safe to create a "Test" folder and
    move all the OL files to this folder, then delete and
    reinstall OL, then run the "import" utility?

    DaddyRay, Dec 2, 2003
  5. Ick. First, are you certain that QB "synchronization" is compatible with
    Outlook 2003? I suspect it needs an update at the very least.
    Second, trying to overwrite a PST file with another is the worst possible
    way to migrate data. If I were you, I'd start over with a new Outlook
    profile and in it I would migrate your old data correctly: copy your old PST
    file to an empty folder your new drive and then configure your new profile
    to use it as its default PST.
    --
    Russ Valentine
    [MVP-Outlook]

    Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook], Dec 2, 2003