RUNDLL32.EXE appearing at shutdown

G

Every time I attempt shut down windows, a message informs me that RUNDLL32.EXE is shutting down and then I am told that it has failed to do so. I am give the choice of continuing with windows shut down and loosing any unsaved info or returning to windows and shutting down RUNDLL32.EXE itself. Problem is, although I can find it using "Search", I cannot see how it is active in any way or, if it is, how I might shut it down.

Anybody have any idea as to what's going on here
All assistance gratefully received.

G

i'm having the same problem and currently searching for an answer as well. if i here anything i'll let you know, or if you find out anything would u please email me. thank

----- denis wrote: ----

Every time I attempt shut down windows, a message informs me that RUNDLL32.EXE is shutting down and then I am told that it has failed to do so. I am give the choice of continuing with windows shut down and loosing any unsaved info or returning to windows and shutting down RUNDLL32.EXE itself. Problem is, although I can find it using "Search", I cannot see how it is active in any way or, if it is, how I might shut it down.

Anybody have any idea as to what's going on here
All assistance gratefully received.

Ask a Question