RUNDLL Error Message

Marisa

For the past week, everytime I start-up my comp. I get an
error message window that pops up that reads "RUNDLL" in
the gray bar across the top, and the body of the error
message says: "Error loading C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded
Program Files\bridge.dll The specified module could not
be found" I have no idea what this means, or where it is
coming from. I went to C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program
Files and the only file I saw named "bridge" was a
Notepad ReadMe file that told me nothing. I also went to
Start->Run-> msconfig->startup-> and then unchecked
the "bridge" box but this error is still occuring.
Please help me!

Carey Frisch [MVP]

"Bridge.dll" is a remnant of a spyware file and should be deleted.

Download Ad-Aware 6.0 and scan your PC for the presence of spyware:
http://download.com.com/3000-2144-10045910.html?part=69274&subj=dlpage&tag=button

Symantec Security Check
http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/default.asp?langid=ie&venid=sym

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect your PC!

| For the past week, everytime I start-up my comp. I get an
| error message window that pops up that reads "RUNDLL" in
| the gray bar across the top, and the body of the error
| message says: "Error loading C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded
| Program Files\bridge.dll The specified module could not
| be found" I have no idea what this means, or where it is
| coming from. I went to C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program
| Files and the only file I saw named "bridge" was a
| Notepad ReadMe file that told me nothing. I also went to
| Start->Run-> msconfig->startup-> and then unchecked
| the "bridge" box but this error is still occuring.
| Please help me!

Thank you very much. I kind of assumed that was the case
because this only started happening after I ran the Ad-
aware scan last week.
Also, for the future, is there any way to distinguish the
difference between spyware and valid programs on my comp?
Thank you again.

Marisa

OK. I deleted the only Bridge file that I saw in the
Windows\downloaded program files folder, but I am still
getting the error message upon start-up. What else should
I delete?

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Adware.WinFavorites (see "Deleting the values from the registry")
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/adware.winfavorites.html

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP