RS-232 Communication

I am using portable data collection terminals with RS232 interface for data
collection. I am using Windows Hyperterminal to download the information from
these devices. Does Windows Vista still support Windows Hyperterminal? If
not, what is the alternative RS-232 communication software that Vista have?

Rick Rogers

Hi,

Windows Vista does not have or support hyperterminal. Your best bet will be
to check with the maker of the terminals to see if they can address this by
supplying some basic communication software.

--
Best of Luck,

Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"RS-232 Port Extensive User" <RS-232 Port Extensive
news:[email protected]...

Lang Murphy

Well... this may not be much help... but I downloaded HyperTerminal 6.3 from
the Hilgraeve web site and it installed without issue in RC2 5744. I don't
have a phone line to test it, so I can't say beyond doubt that it will work,
but it did not bomb during install and it does not bomb when I run it, I
just haven't connected to anything...

Good luck.

Lang

"RS-232 Port Extensive User" <RS-232 Port Extensive
news:[email protected]...

Barry Watzman

His best bet ... the best bet of almost all of us, for a year or two at
least ... will be to install dual boot of XP and Vista

I have FAR more "concerns" about Vista than I have ever had about a new
MS OS. But I only gave up on 98/XP dual boot a few months ago, when the
motherboard for my new Core 2 Duo system didn't support 98 (no Intel 965
chipset drivers for 98).