Royal Navy, FBI, NASA , GPS sattelites ????

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
What do they have in common ??

http://www.daniweb.com/blogs/entry4393.html

"The FBI has confirmed reports that it was forced to shut down it's external unclassified email network "as a precautionary measure" following the discovery of a virus infection. I am led to understand that the particular virus concerned has been identified by the FBI but this information has yet to find it's way in to the public domain"

"Sir William Blackstone famously said the Royal Navy was something along the lines of being England's "ancient and natural strength; the floating bulwark of the island." But then there weren't many computer viruses around in the 18th century. "

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/22716/53/

"Which is why reports of a virus infiltrating the comms network of pretty much the entire Royal Navy fleet has come as such a surprise."

"Still, you might have expected an organisation tasked with defending the shores of the United Kingdom to be able to defend its own network boundaries with a little more success. "

Some of the comments read well.

Whoever picked Windows to run critical systems is guilty of treason, in my opinion. We have 25+ years' worth of evidence that Windows is a security mess; you…

You don't mention the OS because that would insinuate that the OS was the problem and then the company that makes a living selling the OS would sue you for…

Really at this point governments should not be using a consumer grade OS (Or consumer grade anything for that matter) If they are going to be using MS products…

Windows bashing !!! Not me guv :D Just reporting the facts :p
laughingsmiley.gif

Ask a Question