Routing And Remote Access

Hi Guys,

I am trying to setup an incoming connection on my box. When I go through
the New Conection Wizzard, it tells me it cant start the Routing And Remote
Access service. I go to the services snap-in and try and start the service
manually and I still cant get it to start. I look in the event viewer and it
says it cant start the NetBIOSGroup service. I was going to try and start
that service, but its not in the list of services to start.

Thanks

Gary Fose [MSFT]

Sean,

Check the following registry keys and make sure the indicated entries are set correctly:

In the registry, under HKLM/System/CCS/Services/RemoteAccess:
DependOnGroup - Reg_Multi_Sz - should be set for NetBIOS Group (you may find it blank)
DependOnService - Reg_Multi_Sz - should be set for RpcSc (you may find it set for both
RpcSc + Nebios Group)

HTH,
Gary

--------------------
'--'From: "=?Utf-8?B?U2Vhbg==?=" <[email protected]>
'--'Subject: Routing And Remote Access
'--'Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2005 04:19:05 -0800
'--'Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web
'--'
'--'Hi Guys,
'--'
'--'I am trying to setup an incoming connection on my box. When I go through
'--'the New Conection Wizzard, it tells me it cant start the Routing And Remote
'--'Access service. I go to the services snap-in and try and start the service
'--'manually and I still cant get it to start. I look in the event viewer and it
'--'says it cant start the NetBIOSGroup service. I was going to try and start
'--'that service, but its not in the list of services to start.
'--'
'--'Thanks
'--'

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included
script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best
directed to the newsgroup/thread from which they originated.

Hi Gary,

I checked the registery keys, and both showed up exactly as you said they
should be. So the problem isnt here. Anymore feedback would be appreciated.
Thanks