Room planner/designer recommendations?

Sparky

Hullo;

I've tried searching on my own but I must be missing the secret word(s)
or something. Long & short:

The family's moving to a new place. I've the dimensions of the rooms
and would like to transfer them to a proggy that'd give us a nice,
to-scale printout. It'd be a boon if the proggy also had various icons
for chairs, sofas, tables and orangutan habitats. Well, you get the idea.

tia,
-Sparky

jmatt

Ted

Have a look here Sparky.

CAD apps are listed here along with other vector drawing programs:
http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/acf/P_GRAPHICS.php#1.10Editor:3DVector-Draw
http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/acf/P_GRAPHICS.php#1.30Editor:Vector-Draw
http://freeware.intrastar.net/cadsoftware.htm
Check out Intellicad 2000
The TurboCAD Learning Edition link is dead - files to look for are:
TCAD_LE_setup_files.exe
http://observe.phy.sfasu.edu/courses/egr111/homework/ZZ-Extras/TCAD_LE_setup_files.exe
Maybe he's not an architect already:)
Try RoomArranger Sparky
http://www.roomarranger.com/
Works for me

Sparky

Ted said:
Maybe he's not an architect already:)
Try RoomArranger Sparky
http://www.roomarranger.com/
Works for me
Ted;

You read my mind. Unfortunately, this is now shareware (evaluate for 30
days then $20).

Jmatt;

Thx for the pointers. I tried TurboCad but...eh...like Ted said.
Anyone else have an idea?

tia,
Sparky

Susan Bugher

Thx for the pointers. I tried TurboCad but...eh...like Ted said. Anyone
else have an idea?

Your request was:

"The family's moving to a new place. I've the dimensions of the rooms and would like to transfer
them to a proggy that'd give us a nice, to-scale printout. It'd be a boon if the proggy also had
various icons for chairs, sofas, tables and orangutan habitats. Well, you get the idea."

Easiest: use one or more of the "Furnish" apps that are listed on the Graphics page. The basic
programs are the same - they have with different "wardrobes" of furniture. Advantages: almost no
learning curve, adding furniture, doors, windows, electrical outlets etc. is quick and easy, good
3-D views. Limitations: you can only do one room at a time, rooms must be rectangular, you cannot
add extra furniture.

More flexible: almost any drawing program can be used to create floor plans. If you're familiar with
one think about using it. Graphics rulers might help - they're listed here:

http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/acf/P_GRAPHICS.php#6.13Measure

re printouts and scale: Showing the scale as a marked bar is standard architectural and engineering
practice as drawings are often printed in several different sizes. (Highway maps also show a printed
scale.)

HTH

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

techultra

jmatt

Susan Quote.
"Easiest: use one or more of the "Furnish" apps that are listed on the
Graphics page."

If you are having trouble finding Sparky, the left hand column is
headed "1.10 Editor: 3D Vector-Draw"
The second column headed "Furnish"

Sparky

"Easiest: use one or more of the "Furnish" apps that are listed on the
Graphics page."

If you are having trouble finding Sparky, the left hand column is
headed "1.10 Editor: 3D Vector-Draw"
The second column headed "Furnish"

Thanks to everyone for their responses. And, Jmatt, thx for explaining
the catagories...I'd "googled" and guessed catagories on the pwh but
couldn't get very far before this.

best regards,
Sparky