~Rookie Deployment Question

C

Charlie

I have recently created my first program using vb.net. After creating
the install file, I tried it on a Win 98 box with only the OS installed. I
discovered that I have to have the dot net framework, mdac, and the jet
files installed first (along with their appropriate registry entries). I
downloaded the install files from Microsoft for each of the required files.
Upon installing them, The install ran perfectly.
My question is this - is there some way for a novice to create an
install utility that will install the required files and then run the
program install sequentially? I wrote this app for an older relative who
really has very little knowledge about how to work with computers. I'd like
to avoid having to run 4 separate installs for the one program.

Thanks,
Charlie

K

Ken Tucker [MVP]

Hi,

http://www.gotdotnet.com/community/...29-4158-8E0A-D187D16F41F1Ken-----------------"Charlie" <[email protected]> wrote in message I have recently created my first program using vb.net. After creatingthe install file, I tried it on a Win 98 box with only the OS installed. Idiscovered that I have to have the dot net framework, mdac, and the jetfiles installed first (along with their appropriate registry entries). Idownloaded the install files from Microsoft for each of the required files.Upon installing them, The install ran perfectly. My question is this - is there some way for a novice to create aninstall utility that will install the required files and then run theprogram install sequentially? I wrote this app for an older relative whoreally has very little knowledge about how to work with computers. I'd liketo avoid having to run 4 separate installs for the one program.Thanks,Charlie

Ask a Question