Rogue Grid

Reaction score
My PC is an Advent Booksize 3900 1GHz Pentium 111, Memory 128 MB, on Windows ME
It was only intended for Desk top publishing, writing scripts & storring files for my hobbies.
The came the Internet!!

On Microsoft Works Task Launcher, everytime I click on 'Start this Task' ( mail labels etc.) a grid with a large red cross appears saying ,
'Microsoft Global IME 5.02 for Japanese'
It also tells me to type in 'Command /?

AND I cannot get into labels etc.

Any of you guys know how I can rid myself of this rogue please?

Allen Tipton

Reaction score
Yes Feckit I have Spyware which combs the PC every morning at 9:30am and quarentines spyware etc.

This grid has come about through me I'm sure. Somewhere ?? I have accidently dragged it into Task Launcher. How I do not know as I cannot remember ever seeing it.?
I have had Japanese language support in the Control panel before as I have a friend in Japan but he always writes in English in any case.

Allen T

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Could you take a screenshot of this problem please Allen and then link to it here, as I'm struggling to understand the problem :)

If you don't need to type in Japanese, you might be able to uninstall the Japanese IME from add/remove programs in Control panel :thumb:

Reaction score
Sorry Ian, I am not into even understanding screenshots.
I do not have web cams or anything like that.
This is just a simple grid/menu that has come up in Task Launcher so that everytime I click on ; 'Begin this task'. The grid/menu pops up.The only way to remove it from the screen is to click on OK. Then once more I try to 'begin this
task' and up it pops again. It's a round robin
So I can never open up a task. And the Christmas Card labels are fast looming up.
Allen T

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi Allen

Her's how to take a screen shot..Next time the grid pops up press Alt+PrtSc together..Open paint then press Ctrl+V together, this will paste the screenshot you have just taken save it as .png or jpeg to your desktop, then when you next post on here add the image saved on your dsktop as an attachment..Screenshot done..

Ask a Question