    error, nothing...

    Please advise and many thanks,
    -B

    Outlook, eh?, Jan 21, 2010

  2. Your formula works just fine for me
    Try again

    BTW: the general newsgroup is much beter than this one
    --
    www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

    Bernard Liengme, Jan 23, 2010

  3. My 2 bits

    If the right function just sits there the perhaps your data which it operates on is formatted as a number? I've had major some hassles with text functions operating on non-text fields. Excel-function just won't compute.

    Outlook, eh? wrote:

    RIGHT not doing anything
    21-Jan-10

    Greetings

    I am using Excel 2007. In column A

    Joe Smit

    In column B I enter
    =RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-FIND("*", SUBSTITUTE(A1,
    ","*",LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1," ",""))))

    in order extract the last name. I cannot do text to columns because we hav
    many names with one or more middle names, titles, etc..

    Anyway, when I hit enter at after the last parenthesis, nothing happens. N
    error, nothing..

    Please advise and many thanks
    -B

    C# Email without SMTP Service or CDO
    http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...81-607e21a3a104/c-email-without-smtp-ser.aspx

    Stig-Arne Nordin, Jan 27, 2010
  4. My 2 bits

    are your data formatted as numbers? if not your text function won't compute.

    Outlook, eh? wrote:

    RIGHT not doing anything
    21-Jan-10

    Greetings

    I am using Excel 2007. In column A

    Joe Smit

    In column B I enter
    =RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-FIND("*", SUBSTITUTE(A1,
    ","*",LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1," ",""))))

    in order extract the last name. I cannot do text to columns because we hav
    many names with one or more middle names, titles, etc..

    Anyway, when I hit enter at after the last parenthesis, nothing happens. N
    error, nothing..

    Please advise and many thanks
    -B

    Binary Data With SQLite and its ADO.NET Provider
    http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...5-ef5f14776faa/binary-data-with-sqlite-a.aspx

    Stig-Arne Nordin, Jan 27, 2010