Windows XP Right Mouse Click Menu Problem

Reaction score
When I right mouse click to delete a file usually a jpg the screen freezes. Nothing is active and CTRL ALT DEL brings up the Task Manager but nothing is shown as running.

This only seems to have happened since an extra right click menu line has shown itself, the label is DESTROY. It may be from an application I have removed. Click on this causes the same problem. I have virus checked using AVG and Avast. Nothing detected. The only Task Manager option is to restart or shutdown.

Event Manager gives the very helpful message "Faulting application explorer.exe, version 6.0.2900.2180, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x0210d658.".

Any ideas at all ?

Reaction score
Also would like to know. Without poking around in the registry is there a way of getting rid of some of the right click menu items. ?

Reaction score
tellboy said:
Also would like to know. Without poking around in the registry is there a way of getting rid of some of the right click menu items. ?

You will only make it worse try uninstalling and re-installing the software then you can reset it to default or if you have an adaptor to P2 use that.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Internet Explore and Windows Explore, although heavily entwined are ... two program.

So, your "faulting application" is NOT Internet Explore ... however, "fixing" that error is a pain in the arse.

What happens if you single click a .jpeg and use the delete key?

Download & install CrapCleaner ... run it.

;)

Reaction score
Although just executing a right mouse click and getting a menu causes a freeze if I click on the line "Destroy" I get a warning "Data Execution Prevention....helps prevent against damage from viruses and or other threats" then it reboots.
Ran CCcleaner but the entry Destroy is still a mystery and still there.

Reaction score
Thanks SlimJim I was able to find it was something to do with the Beta Test of Windows Onecare which I was daft enough to try.
Thanks Mucks for the CCleaner advice. It zapped it.

Problem Solved Thanks

Ask a Question