Right click + "Open in a new window" doesn't work !!!!!!!!! HELP pls !!!!!!

Discussion in 'Windows XP Internet Explorer' started by Musashi San, Aug 24, 2003.

  1. Musashi San

    Musashi San Guest

    re
    Hi,

    it's the first time ever i encounter this problem and i don't understand
    what is the issue :

    i have W2000 pro, internet explorer 6 sp1.
    when i right click and do "open the link in a new window" or shift + left
    click on a link to open this link in a new window : the new winow pop up but
    nothing is open in the window. no adress in the adress bar, no loading,
    nothing...
    it's the same thing when a link on a page wants to open a site in a new
    window...;nothing....the window is poping up but nothing appears....

    what do i have to do ??? i have all the lattest patches....

    thx a lot !!!!!!!!!

    Musashi San, Aug 24, 2003

  2. "Musashi San" <> wrote in message
    > re
    > Hi,
    >
    > it's the first time ever i encounter this problem and i don't
    > understand what is the issue :
    >
    > i have W2000 pro, internet explorer 6 sp1.
    > when i right click and do "open the link in a new window" or shift +
    > left click on a link to open this link in a new window : the new
    > winow pop up but nothing is open in the window. no adress in the
    > adress bar, no loading, nothing...
    > it's the same thing when a link on a page wants to open a site in a
    > new window...;nothing....the window is poping up but nothing
    > appears....
    >
    > what do i have to do ??? i have all the lattest patches....
    >
    > thx a lot !!!!!!!!!

    From http://www.fjsmjs.com/OE/nolinks.htm

    1. Click Start, and then click Run.

    2. In the Open box, type:

    regsvr32 urlmon.dll

    3. Click OK, and then click OK again when you receive the following message:

    DllRegisterServer in urlmon.dll succeeded.

    4. If that doesn't fix it, see this article:

    http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers.htm#new_window

    You can also try this:

    Go to Start/run, and type SFC (SFC /SCANNOW for Win2K or WinXP).
    Choose 'Extract One File From Installation Disk'.
    Type oleaut32.dll, not worrying about its location. Then, click Start.

    Next to 'Restore From', type in or browse for the file's location, which is
    probably in the Win98 folder of your installation CD-ROM (typically
    D:\Win98), or in your Windows\Options\Cabs folder, as the case may be.

    Then, next to 'Save File In', enter C:\Windows\System, and click OK. System
    File Checker looks for the file, saves it as you requested, and then tells
    you that 'the file has been successfully extracted'.

    You may need to reboot.

    --
    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
    http://www.fjsmjs.com

    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, Aug 25, 2003

  3. Musashi San

    Musashi San Guest

    The first trick works.....thx a lot...
    Maybe it's a little bit difficult or you don't have the time but what was
    the issue ???
    And by the way...who are you ? thx for your help !!!!

    Musashi San, Aug 25, 2003
  4. "Musashi San" <> wrote in message
    > The first trick works.....thx a lot...
    > Maybe it's a little bit difficult or you don't have the time but what
    > was the issue ???
    > And by the way...who are you ? thx for your help !!!!

    As far as I know, no one has figured out what causes this.

    --
    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
    http://www.fjsmjs.com

    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, Aug 25, 2003