    matter what I do, I cannot get this to change.

    Please help. Like to use google occassionally from their site, but
    prefer to use other engines that give fewer results to start.

    pm957, Dec 9, 2004

  2. pm957

    Jan Il Guest

    Hi pm957 :)

    Try the following and see if it helps:

    How to Make Internet Explorer the Default Web Browser (Q284456)
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q284456

    If these steps do not resolve your problem, please post back to this thread
    with the details and any error messages.

    Hope this helps

    Jan :)
    Smiles are meant to be shared,
    that's why they're so contagious.

    Please reply to the newsgroup so others may benefit.
    Replies are posted only to the newsgroup for the benefit or other readers.

    How to make a good newsgroup post:
    http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    Jan Il, Dec 9, 2004

  3. pm957

    Guest

    pm957 wrote:
    > I recently installed software that had google toolbar as part of the
    > installation. I have used the add/remove programs to get rid of the
    > google toolbar, but now my default search in IE6 is google, and no
    > matter what I do, I cannot get this to change.
    >
    > Please help. Like to use google occassionally from their site, but
    > prefer to use other engines that give fewer results to start.

    These links may help:

    http://www.winguides.com/registry/display.php?id=289
    Cheers,
    Andy
    --
    http://www.andylaurence.co.uk

    , Dec 9, 2004
  4. pm957

    pm957 Guest

    No luck, but IE is already the default Browser. Trying to get rid of
    google as the default search engine.

    Thanks for the input.

    pm957, Dec 9, 2004
  5. pm957

    pm957 Guest

    Used these links and deleted the offending registry entries, but
    google still shows up as the default engine.

    Thanks.

    pm957, Dec 9, 2004
  6. pm957

    Jan Il Guest

    Hi pm957 :)

    Try the following, see if it helps:

    Clearing Your Search History From Google And Other Search Engines
    http://searchenginewatch.com/sereport/article.php/2165181

    Perhaps you need to clear the files before it will delete entirely. I have
    never used Google or other 3rd party toolbars, so I am not sure how entwined
    it may be in your system.

    Jan Il, Dec 9, 2004
  7. Restore Search
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/RestoreSearch2.REG

    --
    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
    http://www.fjsmjs.com

    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE, Dec 9, 2004
  8. pm957

    pm957 Guest

    pm957, Dec 9, 2004
  9. Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE, Dec 9, 2004