restore registry from erd

stan100

Using win 2K I created an emergency repair disk with the
include registry option checked. I now need to restore the
registry but can not figure out how. The disk has lots of
files but when in the restore program it can not find any
backup extensions.

Richard McCall [MSFT]

You have to go through the cdrom boot and repair and select the registry
from there. ntbackup will not do it

dcdon

Hi Stan,

If you know how and change your BIOS boot order,
change it to make the CD-ROM be the first boot
device. If you do this, pop your Installation CD in
the tray and restart.
If you don't, you can use your four boot diskettes;
either works.

When you boot with the four boot diskettes, you
will be asked at the end of the four, if you want
to Set up the install or "repair".
Choose "repair". It will ask if you have your
emergency repair disk; well that's where you get to
use it. After popping it in, you go through the
process of recovering the system along with the
registry as it was when you made it.
It will not delete or change your data, etc.

hope this helps,
don

"stan100" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
Using win 2K I created an emergency repair disk
with the
include registry option checked. I now need to
restore the
registry but can not figure out how. The disk has
lots of
files but when in the restore program it can not
find any
backup extensions.

dcdon

If you changed your BIOS, don't forget to set it
back to Floppy.
--
regards,
don