restarting services with dependencies

G

Hi all, found similar posts, but none asking this question so thought i'd post it

i want to restart some services from the command line ina batch file. i don't want to have to net stop and net start them all, i want to restart them

and i don't think i can use sc.exe or psservice.exe to achieve this (at least i haven't got it to work yet)

here's why: all of the services sit on top of one admin service (much like the iis admin service). from the services gui i can just restart the admin service, and all the others restart as well. unfortunately from psservice.exe it simply complains that the service has dependencies and therefore can't be stopped. and in sc.exe i have 2 different problems, 1, i can't even see a restart option, and 2, when i do enumdepend on the admin service it only lists 2 services dependent on it, but when i do it in the gui all 6 dependent services are listed, so not sure i can trust it..

anyone know of another possible solution to this issue

cheers
Nathan Young

G

Hi, just a comment here. Does nobody have a single thought on this one?

Cheers,
N Young.

Ask a Question