Restart a Remmote PC?

Dear all,

Is it possible to restart a remote PC using .net? The PC did not join my
domain but I know it's local admin login.

Thanks for any help.

Tedmond

Michael Nemtsev

Hello Tedmond,

There is no way by standard if you are not in domain.

T> Dear all,
T> Is it possible to restart a remote PC using .net? The PC did not
T> join my domain but I know it's local admin login.

---
WBR,
Michael Nemtsev :: blog: http://spaces.msn.com/members/laflour

"At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not
cease to be insipid." (c) Friedrich Nietzsche

you can try the shutdown command:

shutdown -r -f -t 00 -m \\<computername>

from the command line or execute this in a Process.Start call from w/in a
..net application. you may run into the CAS issues, however, but can't hurt to
try.

Nanda Lella[MSFT]

If you are using remote desktop, then you can do an ALT+F4 and select the
desired operation.
Or from command prompt you can try
shutdown -s -m \\COMPUTER NAME OR IP -t 00
(Use -r or -l instead of -s for reboot and logoff respectively)
Also a CTRL+ALT+END in the remote desktop session shows classic
CTRL+ALT+DEL window.

if the above options dont work you can also try the following command at
the command prompt.

tsshutdn \server:ip address \powerdown
( terminating all user sessions (default is 60).)
You can also use following options as per requirement.
/REBOOT Reboot the server after user sessions are terminated.
/DELAY:logoffdelay Seconds to wait after logging off all connected
sessions (default is 30).

From: "=?Utf-8?B?VGVkbW9uZA==?=" <[email protected]>
Subject: Restart a Remmote PC?
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 20:42:05 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.general

--

Thank You,
Nanda Lella,

This Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.