Resizing trendline title in legend

Discussion in 'Microsoft Excel Charting' started by rudolf.hever@gmail.com, May 17, 2007.

  1. Guest

    G'day,

    Im having trouble resizing the legend from 3 lines to 1. I have used a
    scatter chart and then Add Trendline>Moving average. The legend that
    is auto-generated is

    "10 per. Mov. Avg. (PROJECTED
    INITIAL
    YELD"

    The title is broken up into 3 lines as above, and no matter how much I
    resize or how much big I make the legend area or how small the font,
    it INSISTS on using 3 lines.

    Because the title is auto-generated (10 per. Mov. Avg.....) there is
    nowhere where I can actually edit the title eg make it shorter, or
    remove the alt-enter line breaks (if thats what it is). The legend
    title does not appear in chart option>legend label or axis-labels. It
    doesnt appear anywhere except on the graph in the legend.

    And the whole title should definitely fit on one line because there is
    plenty of space and Ive seen it on another graph but cant replicate
    it.

    Your help is much appreciated,

    , May 17, 2007

  2. Jon Peltier Guest

    Double click on the trendline, and on the Options tab, enter a Custom name
    in the input box provided.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions
    http://PeltierTech.com
    _______

    Jon Peltier, May 17, 2007

    Worked like a charm, thank you very much Jon!

    On May 18, 12:07 am, "Jon Peltier" <>
    wrote:
    > Double click on the trendline, and on the Options tab, enter a Custom name
    > in the input box provided.
    >
    > - Jon
    > -------
    > Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    > Tutorials and Custom Solutionshttp://PeltierTech.com
    > _______
    >
    > <> wrote in message

    > > G'day,

    > > Im having trouble resizing the legend from 3 lines to 1. I have used a
    > > scatter chart and then Add Trendline>Moving average. The legend that
    > > is auto-generated is

    > > "10 per. Mov. Avg. (PROJECTED
    > > INITIAL
    > > YELD"

    > > The title is broken up into 3 lines as above, and no matter how much I
    > > resize or how much big I make the legend area or how small the font,
    > > it INSISTS on using 3 lines.

    > > Because the title is auto-generated (10 per. Mov. Avg.....) there is
    > > nowhere where I can actually edit the title eg make it shorter, or
    > > remove the alt-enter line breaks (if thats what it is). The legend
    > > title does not appear in chart option>legend label or axis-labels. It
    > > doesnt appear anywhere except on the graph in the legend.

    > > And the whole title should definitely fit on one line because there is
    > > plenty of space and Ive seen it on another graph but cant replicate
    > > it.

    > > Your help is much appreciated,- Hide quoted text -

    , May 18, 2007