/resetfoldernames switch is NOT resetting folder names

Steve

The default folders in my recently-installed US version
of Outlook 2003 are in German, and I can't change them to
English.

I've tried "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11
\OUTLOOK.EXE" /resetfoldernames which runs, but doesn't
return the default folder names to English. (They remain
in German.)

I've spent literally hours trying to resolve this
including complete reinstalls of MS Office Professional
Edition 2003 and Windows XP Pro, to no avail.

I tried the various versions of "Outlook Folder Name
Changer" from www.ntx.at, but I get runtime errors on all
of them ("an object could not be found").

I don't know if the following details are important or
not, but I'm really at wit's end:
I bought my brand-new laptop a few weeks ago in the US to
bring with me (as a spare) on a brief trip to Austria.
Just for fun (big mistake?), I set the "local" location
and language to "German (Austria) when first setting up
Windows XP on the machine.

I've since gone in and changed the "local" info back to
the US, but still the German default folders persist in
Outlook.

Any solutions greatly appreciated!

Steve_DM

No, I'm not connecting to an Exchange server. (At least as far as I
know. This is a personal notebook, and I haven't configured it for
connection to an Exchange server.)

Thanks!

Steve

greg mansius [MSFT]

Have you tried creating a new Outlook profile? If this works, you can import
your current .pst data into the new .pst file.

Hope this helps.

--
Greg Mansius [MSFT]

Steve_DM said:
No, I'm not connecting to an Exchange server. (At least as far as I
know. This is a personal notebook, and I haven't configured it for
connection to an Exchange server.)

Thanks!

Steve

"greg mansius [MSFT]" <[email protected]> wrote in message
Steve,

Are you connecting to an Exchange server?

thanks