REQ: Program to stitch multiple photos together.

Father Merrin

Is there a freeware program that will allow multiple photos to be stitched
together as one?

TIA!
FM

Toke Eskildsen

Father said:
Is there a freeware program that will allow multiple photos to be
stitched together as one?

Autostitch http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~mbrown/autostitch/autostitch.html
either works or it doesn't, which means that you can't tweak anything
beyond basic program parameters - no fiddling with positions and such.

Furtunately, it works amazingly well.

I'm not sure that it counts as true freeware though:

***
The version of Autostitch on this website is a demo only. Individuals
or companies are free to use images that they generate using the demo
version of Autostitch without restriction or royalties so long as they
acknowledge the use of Autostitch in such works. A commercial license
to Autostitch provides access to the patent, source code, technical
support and updates
***

SeaMaiden

Father Merrin said:
Is there a freeware program that will allow multiple photos to be stitched
together as one?

I'm hoping someone can give me a good alternative to Microsoft Image
Composer 1.5. The only reason I use it is to stitch photos and images
together. If there is a GOOD alternative, I'd love to get rid of Image
Composer!

Susan Bugher

Toke said:
Father Merrin wrote:

Autostitch http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~mbrown/autostitch/autostitch.html
either works or it doesn't, which means that you can't tweak anything
beyond basic program parameters - no fiddling with positions and such.

Furtunately, it works amazingly well.

I'm not sure that it counts as true freeware though:
***
The version of Autostitch on this website is a demo only. Individuals
or companies are free to use images that they generate using the demo
version of Autostitch without restriction or royalties so long as they
acknowledge the use of Autostitch in such works. A commercial license
to Autostitch provides access to the patent, source code, technical
support and updates
***

Not true Freeware. . . It's (yet another) time-limited/renewable
software app. . .

http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~mbrown/autostitch/autostitch.html#FAQ

<q>
Q: My Autostitch demo expired. What do I do?

A:We are periodically updating the demo version of Autostitch. Please
download the latest version from this webpage. The latest release
version is Autostitch v2.185.
</q>

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Father Merrin

The version of Autostitch on this website is a demo only. Individuals
or companies are free to use images that they generate using the demo
version of Autostitch without restriction or royalties so long as they
acknowledge the use of Autostitch in such works. A commercial license
to Autostitch provides access to the patent, source code, technical
support and updates
***

Thanks Toke, this was exectly what I was looking for.

FM

John Corliss

bambam said:
Everytime I go to this web site I think wow, that is very cool. But I don't
think a time limited demo qualifies as freeware, in this group!

Not only that, but at the bottom of the page it says "The demo version
of Autostitch uses sperical projection and is capable of stitching full
view 360 x 180 degree panoramas (everything visible from a point).
Cylindrical and planar projections are not supported in the demo version."

--
Regards from John Corliss
I don't reply to trolls like Andy Mabbett or Doc, for instance. No

John Corliss

SeaMaiden said:
I'm hoping someone can give me a good alternative to Microsoft Image
Composer 1.5. The only reason I use it is to stitch photos and images
together. If there is a GOOD alternative, I'd love to get rid of Image
Composer!

PTStitcher might be worth a try:

http://www.path.unimelb.edu.au/~dersch/

I haven't tried it though. On the other hand, it looks pretty
interesting and has lots of other features so I downloaded it and
unzipped it.

You should download where it says "Windows Version 2.6b1, includes Gimp
plug-in" under "Download PanoTools 2.6:" if you're running Windows. The
Panotools package includes PTStitcher.

--
Regards from John Corliss
I don't reply to trolls like Andy Mabbett or Doc, for instance. No
adware, cdware, commercial software, crippleware, demoware, nagware,
PROmotionware, shareware, spyware, time-limited software, trialware,
viruses or warez for me, please.

John Corliss

Dave said:
One of the best is (clipped). This is not freeware but the demo works
without limitations for sometime. Unbelievably easy to use.

Demoware is off topic in this group because it's not freeware. Besides,
didn't you notice that somebody already mentioned that program in this
thread?

--
Regards from John Corliss
I don't reply to trolls like Andy Mabbett or Doc, for instance. No
adware, cdware, commercial software, crippleware, demoware, nagware,
PROmotionware, shareware, spyware, time-limited software, trialware,
viruses or warez for me, please.

seamaiden

I'm do not like AutoStitch and really don't want to use IrfanView. Any other
choices?

Susan Bugher

seamaiden said:
I'm do not like AutoStitch and really don't want to use IrfanView. Any other
choices?

More apps are listed on the ACF pages:

http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/acf/P_GRAPHICS.php#6.19Stitch-Panoramas

Susan