Repost -- opening a report in dialog mode

Discussion in 'Microsoft Access Getting Started' started by jfp, Sep 25, 2003.

  1. jfp

    jfp Guest

    From a button on a form i want to:
    open a report in preview mode and allow the user to browse through it;
    wait until the user closes the report before the code continues
    So -- I open it in Dialog mode:

    DoCmd.OpenReport strReport, acViewPreview, , , acDialog, strParent

    THis works -- but i am unable to increase the size of the preview window
    (i can magnify the print by clicking on the report, but i can only have
    a small window that shows a full page in a font too small to read or a
    half page when the font is magnified). If i change the acDialog above
    to acwindowNormal, then i can resize the preview window but i do not get
    the desired wait until done.

    jfp, Sep 25, 2003

  2. jfp

    Wayne Morgan Guest

    Rather than using the acDialog argument, you could set the Report's Modal property to Yes.
    You could also stay with the acDialog argument and in the Form's Open event try

    DoCmd.Maximize

    One thing I noticed, if you maximize the report in the Open procedure then restore it, the
    modal property appears to be forgotten. This isn't a problem with using acDialog since
    Restore isn't an option.

    --
    Wayne Morgan
    Microsoft Access MVP