Replication Error

Reaction score
I have set up a multiple server merge replication publication using the following:

SQL server running SQL Server 2005 (SQL server ce server tools installed)
Web Server running IIS (Required replication elements installed)

All went smoothly with the installation and I was able to running the diagnostics report from my Pocket PC by browsing the web page url that contains the slqcesa30.dll
http://www.myserver.eu/repdata/sqlcesa30.dll

I then ran the configure web synchronization wizard and setup basic authentication (I am using this purely for test purposes and will reconfigure the security when testing is complete) I then created a user on both the SQL server and the Web Server (identical on both machines) and gave this user the required rights in all objects. I have set up a trial application using visual studio 2005 vb.net on a windows mobile 5 device. When form1 loads the following code is fired:

Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load

cnField = New SqlCeConnection("Data Source =\documents and settings\MobileData.sdf;")
daField = New SqlCeDataAdapter("SELECT Id, LatLong, Dateandtimeoffix FROM FieldData", cnField)

Dim cb As New SqlCeCommandBuilder(daField)

Merge()

End Sub

Private Sub Merge()
Const URL As String =” http://www.myserver.eu/repdata/sqlcesa30.dll

'' URL to Agent

Const InterNetUser As String = "Fielddata" '' InternetUser

Const InternetPassword As String = "Password" '' InternetPassword

Const PublisherServer As String = "MyServer" '' Publisher server

Const PublisherDatabase As String = "Table_Test" '' Publisher Database

Const PublicationName As String = "RepData" '' Publication name

Const SubscriberName As String = "Testing" '' Subscriber name

Const LocalDB As String = "Data Source=\documents and settings\MobileData.sdf" ''Connection string to local database

Using rep As New SqlCeReplication(URL, InterNetUser, InternetPassword, PublisherServer, PublisherDatabase, PublicationName, SubscriberName, LocalDB)

Try

If Not System.IO.File.Exists("\Documents and Settings\MobileData.sdf") Then

rep.AddSubscription(AddOption.CreateDatabase)

End If

rep.Synchronize()

Catch ex As SqlCeException

DisplaySQLCEErrors(ex)

End Try

End Using

SetupDataSetforUI()

End Sub

When the code executes I obtain the following error:

Index #0

Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Mobile Edition

Error: A request to send data to the computer running IIS has failed for more information see HRESULTS.

I have looked this up and it appears to be to do with certification? Is this correct I am using HTTP not HTTPS?

Any assistance appreciated

joebo

Ask a Question