Replacement for multiple spreadsheets

Reaction score
Hi, I work for a company that is currently using multiple spread sheets to store and maintain data. Can anyone suggest a more efficient way of storing the data in one place rather than many separate sheets. Don't really want to go down the route of expensive programmes if possible. Would really appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks.

Abraham Andres Luna

Child of God
Reaction score
You can try a database solution. Microsoft has a free version of SQL Server. They also have free software to manage the users, tables, and data. The only problem is the learning curve. You have to figure out how to install the server on one computer and then give access to that server to all the clients that wish to connect. Another drawback is it won't have Excel math functions. You would have to figure out how program in the T-SQL language to perform math and search.

There is also new databases that are considered No-SQL because the tables are now collections, and each row is now a document. Every document can have different fields to store data in. The drawback is that each document is limited in file size. They limit the size to increase performance.

You could also try Microsoft Office Access. That is a database in the Office family of apps.

If you need more info let me know :wave:

Reaction score
You can try a database solution. Microsoft has a free version of SQL Server. They also have free software to manage the users, tables, and data. The only problem is the learning curve. You have to figure out how to install the server on one computer and then give access to that server to all the clients that wish to connect. Another drawback is it won't have Excel math functions. You would have to figure out how program in the T-SQL language to perform math and search.

There is also new databases that are considered No-SQL because the tables are now collections, and each row is now a document. Every document can have different fields to store data in. The drawback is that each document is limited in file size. They limit the size to increase performance.

You could also try Microsoft Office Access. That is a database in the Office family of apps.

If you need more info let me know :wave:

Thanks for the advice :) I was wondering if I could do what I need in Access, I have used it before but it was a very long time ago, so I may need to get myself a refresher course as I would need to create forms within it too.
Thanks again :thumb:

Abraham Andres Luna

Child of God
Reaction score
What version of Access are you going to use? I can help you find the resources needed to learn how to use that version.

Ask a Question