' Replaced by =

TheScullster

I have a number of clients running Word (Office 2003) who are reporting
letter changes.
When a document is opened, the single quote ' is being replaced by the
equals sign =.
Is this a Word thing or a Windoze language setting or a keyboard issue?
Anyone come across this?

TIA

Phil

TF

Phil

Possibly font substitution because the font isn't installed on all the
computers?

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"TheScullster" <phil-at-dropthespam.com> wrote in message
:I have a number of clients running Word (Office 2003) who are reporting
: letter changes.
: When a document is opened, the single quote ' is being replaced by the
: equals sign =.
: Is this a Word thing or a Windoze language setting or a keyboard issue?
: Anyone come across this?
:
: TIA
:
: Phil
:
:

Suzanne S. Barnhill

And often a symptom of a converted WordPerfect document that used the WP
Typographic Symbols fonts for quotes.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

all may benefit.

TheScullster

Thanks TF and Suzanne

It is likely that this is a legacy from a translated Wordperfect document

Phil