Subject: Re: Problems with Macromedia Shockwave Player
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 13:19:34 -0400
From: Eva Deck <xxxx>
Newsgroups: netscape.mozilla.firefox

I emailed Macromedia about the shockwave problem. Their response:

Shockwave Player 10 is not compatible with Firefox web browser. It may
install or it may run however it is not supported. Any issues that you
may encounter is not supported as well.

Eva

Dr. Frank Thomas
FTR Internet Research
93110 Rosny-sous-Bois
France

Peter

In the Firefox NG a question came up how to read flash files with the
shockwave 10 reader. It appears that Macromedia is not willing to
support FireFox so that you can't read shockwave 10 flash files.

Is there any freeware that can replace shockwave 10 ?

Frank

I emailed Macromedia about the shockwave problem. Their response:

Shockwave Player 10 is not compatible with Firefox web browser. It may
install or it may run however it is not supported. Any issues that you
may encounter is not supported as well.

Eva
I've installed it in Firefox and it runs without any problem.
Plugin for Mac OS X: http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/OSX.html#Shockwave
Plugin for Windows: http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/windows.html
Maybe they're talking about Linux?
Peter