removing rectangle under windows XP icons

My new HP 930 PC shows a black rectangle under the names of desk top icons
behind the name letters.
I tried all the settings in control panel such as remove shadows under icons
but no help. I set it to clear type fonts and still the same.

·

.·°^°·.Elena.·°^°·.

"Icons Black framed" <Icons Black (e-mail address removed)> ha
scritto nel messaggio
My new HP 930 PC shows a black rectangle under the names of desk top icons
behind the name letters.
I tried all the settings in control panel such as remove shadows under
icons
but no help. I set it to clear type fonts and still the same.

I have an old sw that I used with win98, but it's still ok with winxp
it's transtext, it removes the background rectangle and you can choose the
desktop lettering color

just look for trtext.exe:)

HTH

Hoppy

Icons wrote on Thu, 3 Aug 2006 03:11:01 -0700:

IBf> My new HP 930 PC shows a black rectangle under the names of desk top
IBf> icons behind the name letters.
IBf> I tried all the settings in control panel such as remove shadows under
IBf> icons but no help. I set it to clear type fonts and still the same.

Start > Settings > Control Panel > System > Advanced tab >
Click on the Settings button in the Performance section
Check the "Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop"
either that or check the 'Show shadows under menus' box ...
(maybe both ?)
That should do it.