Windows XP Remove write protection from SD Micro adapter or SD card

Reaction score
i'm trying to copy files to an SD card but it is saying it is write protected. it isn't, it's brand new. i'm using windows xp.
i tried to format it with my camera, which worked. I then formatted in om computer and copied files over (to use on a DS lite) but they files weren't can't be read by the ds.
i tried to add further files but computer is again saying that it is write protected.
what can i do to solve this problem?
thansk

Reaction score
Some times there is a button on the SD Card and that wirte protects are you sure the button is not casuing this problem?

Reaction score
Dramaqueen said:
i'm trying to copy files to an SD card but it is saying it is write protected. it isn't, it's brand new. i'm using windows xp.
i tried to format it with my camera, which worked. I then formatted in om computer and copied files over (to use on a DS lite) but they files weren't can't be read by the ds.
i tried to add further files but computer is again saying that it is write protected.
what can i do to solve this problem?
thansk

Are you using a device called the r4ds or a flash card on the DS?

If your still having trouble take it back since it,s brand new.

Reaction score
Are you using a device called the r4ds or a flash card on the DS?

yes it's a DSTT, but it came from Hong Kong so can't really return it.

Some times there is a button on the SD Card and that wirte protects are you sure the button is not casuing this problem?
it's definitely not that. i even tried sticking tape over to make it a snug fit, but that didn't work either

the dstt came with a SDHC high speed reader BUT i formatted the SD micro card on my camera. will this be stopping the ds from reading any files that i add to the micro card? if so how can i unformat it from camera style

PS - i'm not very computer literate

Reaction score
Hi,

Where did you get the card from.

I would send it back becuase its not fit for purpose, and you cant use it either as advertised.

Hope this helps you.

wizkid

Reaction score
Dramaqueen said:
yes it's a DSTT, but it came from Hong Kong so can't really return it.

it's definitely not that. i even tried sticking tape over to make it a snug fit, but that didn't work either

the dstt came with a SDHC high speed reader BUT i formatted the SD micro card on my camera. will this be stopping the ds from reading any files that i add to the micro card? if so how can i unformat it from camera style

PS - i'm not very computer literate

No this should,nt stop it working at all.

Have you e-mail the firm about this?

Is the shop you bought it from over here?

You will need software on the micro card for the ds to read it.

This is one i have http://www.r4ds.com/download-en.htm cool for playing old spectrum games,etc.

try here:

http://www.ndstt.com/english/product_en.htm ( main site)

People are talking about that device here aswell

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/610419http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/599711

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well you have to do a simple thing just remove all the wires and plug in them again..... It will remove the write-protection...

Reaction score
help in removing the write protection

Prakash Gopinathan said:
Please guide me in removing the write protection for my SD card
though after formatting the SD card through my phone the same problem occurs
it only occurs in my system but not in my phone i can transfer the songs from phone to phone
do i have to contact HP for the problem....

thanks...

Prakash G

Ask a Question