Remove device using DEVCON.EXE?

Robert Eriksen

When I try to remove a device using DEVCON.EXE it seems to break up the
command in to several independent commands whenever there is a &-sign.

F.ex. I have a USB device with device instance ID:
USB\VID_0529&PID_0001\5&3A341374&0&2

But when I try to remove it this happens:

H:\wsh>devcon hwids USB\VID_0529*
USB\VID_0529&PID_0001\5&3A341374&0&2
Name: Hardlock USB 1.02
Hardware ID's:
USB\Vid_0529&Pid_0001&Rev_0100
USB\Vid_0529&Pid_0001
Compatible ID's:
USB\Class_ff&SubClass_00&Prot_00
USB\Class_ff&SubClass_00
USB\Class_ff
1 matching device(s) found.

H:\wsh>devcon remove USB\VID_0529&PID_0001\5&3A341374&0&2
No devices removed.
'3A341374' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
'0' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
'2' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

So how do I tell DEVCON.EXE that the &-sign is part of the ID and should
be used to identify and remove the device?

/Robert

victor cheng

Hi Robert,

Do you solve your problem, I have the same question, could you share me your solution.

Thanks,

Victor

Shenan Stanley

victor said:
Do you solve your problem, I have the same question, could you
share me your solution.

Victor,

You started a brand new conversation. You should quote some of the post you
are supposedly responding to. ;-)

Peter Foldes

victor

I gave my wife $200 for shopping and the problem was solved.

What is your problem and how can we help in solving it

Dragomir Kollaric

Victor,

You started a brand new conversation. You should quote some of the post you
are supposedly responding to. ;-)

hm in his headers there was a "reference" so he in fact did reply to
an existing thread or to another post this:

<[email protected]>

View for Bookmarking (what is this?)

Date: Tue, 08 May 2007 14:18:17 +0200
From: Robert Eriksen <[email protected]>
Subject: Remove device using DEVCON.EXE?
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware

[...]

<end of quote>

[/QUOTE]

Shenan Stanley

Date: Tue, 08 May 2007 14:18:17 +0200
From: Robert Eriksen <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware

[...]

He did reply - but he changed the subject line and left out all direct
quoting in the body of his posting.

The conversation in question - started in May 2007:
http://groups.google.com/group/micr...c/40e324813a92350d?lnk=st&q=#40e324813a92350d

One should not have to go to the headers of the message or look up the
original subject in Google Groups in order to know what the person asking
the question is asking the question about - bad form no matter how you look
at it.