Remove date/time stamp in Track Changes?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Word Document Management' started by redpencilgirl, Jun 4, 2009.

  1. Hi, everyone --

    I'm using Microsoft Office Word 2007, and I'd like to be able to make
    changes in Track Changes without the date and time showing up. I don't mind
    if the recipient knows that I'm the author of the change or comment, but I'd
    like the date and time when I made the change or comment to remain my private
    business.

    Is there any way to make that change?

    Thanks!
     
    redpencilgirl, Jun 4, 2009
    #1
    1. Advertisements

  2. redpencilgirl

    Jay Freedman Guest

    On Thu, 4 Jun 2009 12:30:01 -0700, redpencilgirl
    <> wrote:

    >Hi, everyone --
    >
    >I'm using Microsoft Office Word 2007, and I'd like to be able to make
    >changes in Track Changes without the date and time showing up. I don't mind
    >if the recipient knows that I'm the author of the change or comment, but I'd
    >like the date and time when I made the change or comment to remain my private
    >business.
    >
    >Is there any way to make that change?
    >
    >Thanks!


    On the Office button menu, go to Prepare > Inspect Document. After inspecting
    the document, when the results panel shows up, click the button to remove all
    "Document Properties and Personal Information". Then save the document. The
    dates and times will be removed from all tracked changes, and the reviewer name
    will be changed to "Author".

    This won't do if you're using custom document properties, because those would be
    removed at the same time.

    --
    Regards,
    Jay Freedman
    Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org
    Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit.
     
    Jay Freedman, Jun 5, 2009
    #2
    1. Advertisements

  3. OK, so that works...but it does seem a bit extreme. As I said, I don't mind
    if my name is attached to my comments. Isn't there any other way to
    eliminate date and time from the information that's automatically encoded
    when I make a comment?

    "Jay Freedman" wrote:

    > On Thu, 4 Jun 2009 12:30:01 -0700, redpencilgirl
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >Hi, everyone --
    > >
    > >I'm using Microsoft Office Word 2007, and I'd like to be able to make
    > >changes in Track Changes without the date and time showing up. I don't mind
    > >if the recipient knows that I'm the author of the change or comment, but I'd
    > >like the date and time when I made the change or comment to remain my private
    > >business.
    > >
    > >Is there any way to make that change?
    > >
    > >Thanks!

    >
    > On the Office button menu, go to Prepare > Inspect Document. After inspecting
    > the document, when the results panel shows up, click the button to remove all
    > "Document Properties and Personal Information". Then save the document. The
    > dates and times will be removed from all tracked changes, and the reviewer name
    > will be changed to "Author".
    >
    > This won't do if you're using custom document properties, because those would be
    > removed at the same time.
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    > Jay Freedman
    > Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org
    > Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit.
    >
     
    redpencilgirl, Jun 8, 2009
    #3
  4. redpencilgirl

    Jay Freedman Guest

    No, if there was another way I would have told you. That's what's available.

    On Sun, 7 Jun 2009 19:14:01 -0700, redpencilgirl
    <> wrote:

    >OK, so that works...but it does seem a bit extreme. As I said, I don't mind
    >if my name is attached to my comments. Isn't there any other way to
    >eliminate date and time from the information that's automatically encoded
    >when I make a comment?
    >
    >"Jay Freedman" wrote:
    >
    >> On Thu, 4 Jun 2009 12:30:01 -0700, redpencilgirl
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Hi, everyone --
    >> >
    >> >I'm using Microsoft Office Word 2007, and I'd like to be able to make
    >> >changes in Track Changes without the date and time showing up. I don't mind
    >> >if the recipient knows that I'm the author of the change or comment, but I'd
    >> >like the date and time when I made the change or comment to remain my private
    >> >business.
    >> >
    >> >Is there any way to make that change?
    >> >
    >> >Thanks!

    >>
    >> On the Office button menu, go to Prepare > Inspect Document. After inspecting
    >> the document, when the results panel shows up, click the button to remove all
    >> "Document Properties and Personal Information". Then save the document. The
    >> dates and times will be removed from all tracked changes, and the reviewer name
    >> will be changed to "Author".
    >>
    >> This won't do if you're using custom document properties, because those would be
    >> removed at the same time.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Regards,
    >> Jay Freedman
    >> Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org
    >> Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit.
    >>
     
    Jay Freedman, Jun 8, 2009
    #4
  5. Oh, well. Thanks.

    "Jay Freedman" wrote:

    > No, if there was another way I would have told you. That's what's available.
    >
    > On Sun, 7 Jun 2009 19:14:01 -0700, redpencilgirl
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >OK, so that works...but it does seem a bit extreme. As I said, I don't mind
    > >if my name is attached to my comments. Isn't there any other way to
    > >eliminate date and time from the information that's automatically encoded
    > >when I make a comment?
    > >
    > >"Jay Freedman" wrote:
    > >
    > >> On Thu, 4 Jun 2009 12:30:01 -0700, redpencilgirl
    > >> <> wrote:
    > >>
    > >> >Hi, everyone --
    > >> >
    > >> >I'm using Microsoft Office Word 2007, and I'd like to be able to make
    > >> >changes in Track Changes without the date and time showing up. I don't mind
    > >> >if the recipient knows that I'm the author of the change or comment, but I'd
    > >> >like the date and time when I made the change or comment to remain my private
    > >> >business.
    > >> >
    > >> >Is there any way to make that change?
    > >> >
    > >> >Thanks!
    > >>
    > >> On the Office button menu, go to Prepare > Inspect Document. After inspecting
    > >> the document, when the results panel shows up, click the button to remove all
    > >> "Document Properties and Personal Information". Then save the document. The
    > >> dates and times will be removed from all tracked changes, and the reviewer name
    > >> will be changed to "Author".
    > >>
    > >> This won't do if you're using custom document properties, because those would be
    > >> removed at the same time.
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> Regards,
    > >> Jay Freedman
    > >> Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org
    > >> Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit.
    > >>

    >
     
    redpencilgirl, Jun 8, 2009
    #5
  6. redpencilgirl

    susanod

    Joined:
    Mar 15, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Same question for Office for the Mac

    I am using Microsoft Word in Office 2004 for Mac. I would also like to remove the time-date stamp from Track Changes. I looked around to see if I could find any choices that would do that. I can remove my name (which I don't need to do) using the Word > Preferences > Security menu (it says Author now) but the date-time are still there. Is there a way to remove them?
     
    susanod, Mar 15, 2010
    #6
  7. redpencilgirl

    sweetdreams

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2015
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I finally found a way to remove the time stamp and name from word in Mac!

    In Word (mac version), select: Preferences > Track Changes (under Output and Sharing) > at the bottom under "Balloons", uncheck: "include reviewer name, time stamp and action buttons"

    Et voila! No more time stamp or name posted when you comment in a document. Nice and Simple :)
     
    sweetdreams, Feb 8, 2015
    #7
    1. Advertisements

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Guest

    Date/time stamp in track changes

    Guest, Jun 8, 2006, in forum: Microsoft Word Document Management
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    450
    Guest
    Jun 8, 2006
  2. Guest

    Date/time stamp in track changes

    Guest, Jun 8, 2006, in forum: Microsoft Word Document Management
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    458
    Guest
    Jun 8, 2006
  3. Guest

    Track Changes: date/time stamp

    Guest, Jun 12, 2006, in forum: Microsoft Word Document Management
    Replies:
    12
    Views:
    2,135
    Guest
    Jun 15, 2006
  4. Guest

    Track Changes Privacy Suggestion -- Make Date/Time Stamp Optional!

    Guest, Jun 13, 2006, in forum: Microsoft Word Document Management
    Replies:
    10
    Views:
    690
    Guest
    Jun 16, 2006
  5. Guest

    Track Changes:date/time stamp format

    Guest, Sep 22, 2006, in forum: Microsoft Word Document Management
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    625
    Guest
    Sep 25, 2006
Loading...

Share This Page