    internet for temprary updates. How can I use this setup to remote update
    terminals on the network via the winXP machine and not the win2000 server
    which I do not want to connect to the internet?

    Guest, Jul 26, 2005

    maximillianx Guest

    You may want to look at a package like St. Bernard, GFI or Shavlik. You can
    (I know for sure for GFI and Shavlik) deploy updates from your workstation.

    I have a vbscript that can help you for computers during logon.
    http://uphold2001.brinkster.net/vbshf/forum. You can also deploy updates
    remotely from a workstation or configure it as a startup script.

    Working with the qfile (the central index that VBSHF works from) is a bit
    tedious, but the system does work.

    Rob

    maximillianx, Aug 1, 2005