Remote Desktop does not work at all!!!! HELP

G

Hello

I have DSL at home (Linksys Router) and connect to my office network using Cisco IPSEC VPN client. My home IP is in range of 192.177.xxx.xxx and office network is 192.168.254.xxx. I can open a VPN session and ping my office PC. But when I try to open a remote desktop, I just get a blue screen and then a msg "Connection to Remote Computer was broken. This could be because of a network error....etc". I can do a RDC within the office fine and my friends can remote desktop to my PC from home :-( I seem to be the only guy with RDC problems. Any help is deeply appreciated.

G

Missed this information - I have Windows XP Prof at work and both XP Home and Xp Prof at home..

----- prasanna wrote: ----

Hello

I have DSL at home (Linksys Router) and connect to my office network using Cisco IPSEC VPN client. My home IP is in range of 192.177.xxx.xxx and office network is 192.168.254.xxx. I can open a VPN session and ping my office PC. But when I try to open a remote desktop, I just get a blue screen and then a msg "Connection to Remote Computer was broken. This could be because of a network error....etc". I can do a RDC within the office fine and my friends can remote desktop to my PC from home :-( I seem to be the only guy with RDC problems. Any help is deeply appreciated.

H

Huei Wang [MSFT]

Hope this help

Sometimes when I connect to my terminal server, I see a black screen. Why
does this occur?

under connectivity

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/community/centers/terminal/terminal_faq.mspx

--

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

prasanna said:
Missed this information - I have Windows XP Prof at work and both XP Home and Xp Prof at home...

----- prasanna wrote: -----

Hello,

I have DSL at home (Linksys Router) and connect to my office network
using Cisco IPSEC VPN client. My home IP is in range of 192.177.xxx.xxx and
office network is 192.168.254.xxx. I can open a VPN session and ping my
office PC. But when I try to open a remote desktop, I just get a blue screen
and then a msg "Connection to Remote Computer was broken. This could be
because of a network error....etc". I can do a RDC within the office fine
and my friends can remote desktop to my PC from home :-( I seem to be the
only guy with RDC problems. Any help is deeply appreciated.

Ask a Question