Remote assistance not working

Reaction score
The problem I am having is that I can send out an invitation but when they click on it it seems that it doesn't connect with the person trying to assist me. I have almost tried everything. I would really like some help to get this working I had used it once befor but that was a long time ago.

I know it must be something simple that I am missing, I hope....

Reaction score
if it's xp, right click my computer, left click properties, remote, make sure allow remote assistance is ticked, and on the remote pc do the same but go to advanced and tick allow this computer to be contolled remotely, if this is already set right, then try disabling any f/walls that maybe running on the host and clients m/c. what s/w are you using to control the remote pc?

J

Reaction score
I do not have any firewalls working at the momment. I am using winXP. I do have allow assistance ticked and the other one too. Some try to get me connect to their pc and all I get is attemping to connect but thats all that happens.

Reaction score
does it give you an err msg?

it's possible the service isn't running or you don't have the permissions set correctly.

J

Reaction score
No I still do not have it working yet.. I have given up for now because I cannot find anyone to help me and fix it.

Ask a Question