Remot desktop from Xp pro to home without the need to invite

Hi.

I have earlier been using remote desktop via webb from XP pro to XP pro on
my own local lan. Now I had to reinstall one computer with home version
instead. How will I know get remote desktop to work.

Can i use the old tsweb, eg writing tsweb in IE. There are no webserver on
my lan.

Can I install an webbserver on the home version?

If I use the built in Remote Desktop in XP Home, is it neccarey to invite an
freind, or can I connect anyway?

I have the option for allowing user to connect to this computer via remote
desktop selected.

Summary, I would like the option to connect to my computer without the need
to invite a friend every time.

PS: On an server is i possible to have on person working on the computer and
at the same time have 2 different connections to remote desktop. Is this only
possible for servers or is there an known workaronud for this?

Robert L [MS-MVP]

The below link talking about configuring remote assistance without sending invitation. However, it must be a XP in the domain network. It doesn't apply to the XP Home.

How to configure remote assistance How to configure and use Remote Assistance without sending invitation. Remote Assistance provides a way for you to get the help you need when you run into ...
www.howtonetworking.com/RemoteAccess/remoteassitance0.htm

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
[...]

Sooner Al [MVP]

XP Home can *NOT* act as a Remote Desktop host PC. You can use UltraVNC as
an alternative. UltraVNC provides the same functionality as Remote Desktop.
Get the server, client, encryption plug-in (important if you use UltraVNC
over the public internet) and XP video driver (for the server only) at...

http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net/

If you want to use Remote Assistance over your local LAN you might be
interested in this...

http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.org/RemoteAssistance/RemoteAssistance.html

As far as your last question, see this KB article...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/280828/en-us

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

mutual benefit of all of us...
rights...

"RDP without the need to invite" <RDP without the need to
news:[email protected]...