Reload XP

Howdy,

Can anyone tell me how to totally wipe my hd's and reload
XP? I want to start from fresh and have backedup
everything I need to.

I have a C and D hd in an older Dell desktop. The C
drive is kind of unstabe but the D is newer.

I've tried reinstalling XP, but it doesn't wipe the HD as
far as I can tell. It tries to preserve my data.

Thanks,

KO

Jerry

You boot from the XP CD and follow the prompts to reformat the drive and
reinstall Windows.

Ashokan Achari [MSFT]

Hi,

Please refer KB Article # 316941 "How to install or upgrade to Windows XP"
at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=316941

Install Windows XP to a new hard disk
================================
To install Windows XP to a new hard disk, you must start your computer by
using the following media:
Windows XP CD-ROM

For additional information about how to obtain the Windows XP Setup boot
disks, click the following article number to view the article in the
Microsoft Knowledge Base:
310994 How to obtain Windows XP Setup boot disks at

Note:
=====
If you want to start your computer from the Windows XP CD-ROM, your CD-ROM
or DVD-ROM drive must be configured to do this. For information about how
to configure your computer to start from the CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive, see
the documentation that is included with your computer or contact the
computer manufacturer.

To install Windows XP by starting the computer from the Windows XP CD-ROM,
insert the Windows XP CD-ROM into your CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive, and then
restart the computer.
When you see the "Press any key to boot from CD" message, press any key to
start the computer from the Windows XP CD-ROM.
At the Welcome to Setup screen, press ENTER to start Windows XP Setup.
When prompted to choose an installation type, select New Installation, and
then click Next.
Follow the instructions on the screen to select and format a partition
where you want to install Windows XP.
Follow the instructions on the screen to complete Windows XP Setup.

FYI: To delete the data you need to format the required partition

Hope this helps.

Ashok (Ashokan Achari)

The Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

--------------------
- - From: "Jerry" <[email protected]>
- - Subject: Re: Reload XP
- - Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 21:58:30 -0700
- -
- - You boot from the XP CD and follow the prompts to reformat the drive
and
- - reinstall Windows.
- -
- - - - > Howdy,