    however the activation program is telling me my Key Code is already in use.
    How can i get my key code reset without having to pay the $59 to call
    Support??? (It says I have no free supports left)

    Guest, Jul 23, 2007

  2. When you are told this select the phone activation option, call the
    number and explain you changed motherboard. They'll give you the codes
    to reactivate.

    Brett I. Holcomb, Jul 23, 2007

    When you try to activate, it will offer options to activate by phone. Do
    that, it will not cost a thing.
    --
    Paul

    Guest, Jul 23, 2007

    The only option i have is to activate Vista online, what is the phone number
    i need to call?

    Guest, Jul 23, 2007
  5. You can get started with phone activation by typing "slui.exe 4"
    (w/o the quotes) in the Start Search box in the Start Menu and pressing Enter.
    The phone activation process takes about 6 minutes.

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------­-----

    Carey Frisch [MVP], Jul 23, 2007

    No items match my searh of "slui.exe 4"

    Guest, Jul 23, 2007

    Dave Guest

    the program is slui.exe
    the 4 is a parameter

    you can also hit Winkey-R
    and type "slui 4" in the command box (no quotes)

    Dave, Jul 23, 2007
  8. Type in: slui.exe 4 in the "Start Search" box,
    not the "Search" box. It's right above the
    Vista blue start button when you click on it.

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------­-----

    Carey Frisch [MVP], Jul 23, 2007

    Thanks

    Guest, Jul 23, 2007
  10. Re: When you try to activate, it will offer options to activate byphone.

    i am getting to reactivate windows and i am putting in slui.exe 4 but not getting the phone number and you help

    dee martellini, Oct 21, 2010

    Re: When you try to activate, it will offer options to activate by phone.

    there is no excuse for this "activation" crap
    its time everyone did a nancy and just said "no"

    , Nov 11, 2010