Reinstall Pinball?

I have apparently removed part of the Windows XP pinball game by accident. When I click on the shorcut in the programs/games menu, the initial pinball screen flashes and disappears. I looked for it on the XP program disk, but couldn't find it. Any suggestions?

Jimmy S.

Hi Aaronmw,

To add/remove Windows XP Games: Click START / Control Panel /
Add or Remove Programs / Add Remove Windows Components /
Accessories and Utilities / [Details...] / Games / [Details...] / then check
(or uncheck and then recheck the game) / Click [OK] 3 times to finish.

Pinball is not on that list by default. You may need to use these steps first:

1. Choose Start / Run / Copy+Paste the next line into the RUN box and press [ENTER]:
notepad %SystemRoot%\Inf\Sysoc.inf

2. Scroll down to the line that reads: Pinball=ocgen.dll,OcEntry,pinball.inf,HIDE,7
and delete the word HIDE from the line so it now reads: Pinball=ocgen.dll,OcEntry,pinball.inf,,7

3. Click File / Exit and choose YES to save the changes you made to the file.

4. Click Start / Settings / Control Panel / Add-Remove Programs and follow the
instructions posted in the first paragraph to reinstall Pinball now that it's on the list.

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

|I have apparently removed part of the Windows XP pinball game by accident. When I click on the shorcut in the programs/games menu,
the initial pinball screen flashes and disappears. I looked for it on the XP program disk, but couldn't find it. Any suggestions?

Jimmy,

Thanks for the advice. I tried all of the steps that you included. Unfortunatley, it's still happening. I even rebooted.
Any more suggestions?

I really appreciate your help.

Aaron

----- Jimmy S. wrote: -----

Hi Aaronmw,

To add/remove Windows XP Games: Click START / Control Panel /
Add or Remove Programs / Add Remove Windows Components /
Accessories and Utilities / [Details...] / Games / [Details...] / then check
(or uncheck and then recheck the game) / Click [OK] 3 times to finish.

Pinball is not on that list by default. You may need to use these steps first:

1. Choose Start / Run / Copy+Paste the next line into the RUN box and press [ENTER]:
notepad %SystemRoot%\Inf\Sysoc.inf

2. Scroll down to the line that reads: Pinball=ocgen.dll,OcEntry,pinball.inf,HIDE,7
and delete the word HIDE from the line so it now reads: Pinball=ocgen.dll,OcEntry,pinball.inf,,7

3. Click File / Exit and choose YES to save the changes you made to the file.

4. Click Start / Settings / Control Panel / Add-Remove Programs and follow the
instructions posted in the first paragraph to reinstall Pinball now that it's on the list.

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

|I have apparently removed part of the Windows XP pinball game by accident. When I click on the shorcut in the programs/games menu,
the initial pinball screen flashes and disappears. I looked for it on the XP program disk, but couldn't find it. Any suggestions?

anonymous

check here...if kelly doesn't have it nobody does.
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp.htm

I have apparently removed part of the Windows XP pinball
game by accident. When I click on the shorcut in the
programs/games menu, the initial pinball screen flashes
and disappears. I looked for it on the XP program disk,
but couldn't find it. Any suggestions?

Jimmy S.

Hi Aaron,

It seems that the game is installed, but fails to launch.
Try starting the game using various desktop resolutions,
if the problem persists update your Video drivers using
these instructions: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/Video.html#drivers

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

| Jimmy,
|
| Thanks for the advice. I tried all of the steps that you included. Unfortunatley, it's still happening. I even rebooted.
| Any more suggestions?
|
| I really appreciate your help.
|
| Aaron
|

| ----- Jimmy S. wrote: -----
|
| Hi Aaronmw,
|
| To add/remove Windows XP Games: Click START / Control Panel /
| Add or Remove Programs / Add Remove Windows Components /
| Accessories and Utilities / [Details...] / Games / [Details...] / then check
| (or uncheck and then recheck the game) / Click [OK] 3 times to finish.
|
| Pinball is not on that list by default. You may need to use these steps first:
|
| 1. Choose Start / Run / Copy+Paste the next line into the RUN box and press [ENTER]:
| notepad %SystemRoot%\Inf\Sysoc.inf
|
| 2. Scroll down to the line that reads: Pinball=ocgen.dll,OcEntry,pinball.inf,HIDE,7
| and delete the word HIDE from the line so it now reads: Pinball=ocgen.dll,OcEntry,pinball.inf,,7
|
| 3. Click File / Exit and choose YES to save the changes you made to the file.
|
| 4. Click Start / Settings / Control Panel / Add-Remove Programs and follow the
| instructions posted in the first paragraph to reinstall Pinball now that it's on the list.
|
| --
| Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
| Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
|
| Game FAQs: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
| Visit my Zone.com / Gaming Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk or Call / Contact
| MS Support at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=sz;en-us;top
| My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any rights.
|
| | |I have apparently removed part of the Windows XP pinball game by accident. When I click on the shorcut in the programs/games
menu,
| the initial pinball screen flashes and disappears. I looked for it on the XP program disk, but couldn't find it. Any
suggestions?

Thanks. I'll take a look.

This is strange because all of the other games work fine. It's not the end of the world if I don't get it working.